IGNORED

Warbirds

Shawn Jefferson

That was always my problem with it.. no one to play with :(

And at the time I first bought it (early 90's) I was living on campus in a party house w/ 10 other videogame playing guys.. but of course no one else had a Lynx :roll:

Hmm...I have this game and it set me back 9.95 loose which is still a decent deal for what it goes for usually on ebay.

However, I really don't care for the game much. Granted I have only played the solo method. But I cannot figure out how to land to resupply my ammo. I have read all the online docs and I just crash every time I try to land. It must be that I am landing in the wrong place or I have to do something special that I am not doing to land. Either way, I got bored with it easy and rarely touch this game now.

Cybervirus on the hand...oh yeah....

And my personal favorite...Xenophobe!

I agree with you Crossbow, but when I suggested anything negative about this game on these forums, I got a lot of replies saying how great it was.

I'm glad it's not just me then....

I'll have to get Xenophobe and Cybervirus, my favourites are Desert Strike, Battlezone, Qix and Chip's Challenge.

However, I really don't care for the game much.  Granted I have only played the solo method.  But I cannot figure out how to land to resupply my ammo.  I have read all the online docs and I just crash every time I try to land.  It must be that I am landing in the wrong place or I have to do something special that I am not doing to land.  Either way, I got bored with it easy and rarely touch this game now.

I can see how you could bored of playing the game by yourself quite easily. I haven't landed successfully either, but I've only played 3 or 4 times.

Cybervirus on the hand...oh yeah....

And my personal favorite...Xenophobe!

I'd like to pick both of these up.... probably Xenophobe first since my video game budget is low.

Landing is quite difficult to pull off at first, but isn't too bad once you figure out how to do it. The trick is to be going as slow as possible as close to the barn as possible. Also, make sure you are landing at YOUR barn, and not one of your opponents! You simply can't land at an opponent's barn, and you'll either crash or get shot down if you try it. Of course, it's quite common to get shot down while trying to land at your own or taking off from it, so go figure.

Archived