IGNORED

WiFi232 by Paul Rickards

Zap!

So this paul guy is not going to be getting this going anytime soon.

Is there anything else like this?? I see there is wifi232 board you can buy on ebay.. can they be made to work if I do a little soldering??

This may be of interest to you. I'm probably going to build one myself seeing as there's no answer to available devices in the future.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/267339-more-wifi232-modems-available-hurry/?view=findpost&p=3834935

http://shift838.99er.net/projects.html

I recommend Lantronix boxes for the ST (and they work ok for the 8-bit too, providing you have an 850/PR/etc. but you'd need that for the WiFi232 as well).

There are a lot of threads on the 8-bit forums about them (including details on how to set them up).

That's what I use for both SFHQ and TVAG BBS's

The problem with the Lantronix is that it's quite a bit more complicated to get it to work. You have to download Belarc Advisor and PuTTY. I tried this two years ago, and I was never able to find out what my router's IP number (the one assigned to the Lantronix device) was with Belarc. Therefore, I was never able to get the proper setting in PuTTY. I tried multiple IP addresses, and nothing worked.

Perhaps it was my crappy then-Time Warner router, but I gave up after looking for help and not finding a solution.

I run 2 BBSs on Lantronix boxes. I call BBSs on Lantronix boxes with A8's STs and Apples.

Not to be a jerk, but it's not that hard and it's been covered clearly on threads in the 8 bit forums. If you're having problems after reading them I'm sure there are many who can help. Also Lantronix offers a windows device installer app if configuration via serial is an issue. I use Belarc Advisor and PuTTy, but never in regards to my Lantronix boxes.

• Like 1

I run 2 BBSs on Lantronix boxes. I call BBSs on Lantronix boxes with A8's STs and Apples.

Not to be a jerk, but it's not that hard and it's been covered clearly on threads in the 8 bit forums. If you're having problems after reading them I'm sure there are many who can help. Also Lantronix offers a windows device installer app if configuration via serial is an issue. I use Belarc Advisor and PuTTy, but never in regards to my Lantronix boxes.

It's all good. Perhaps my problem was that I had about 20 wireless devices feeding off of the router, or that I had the Lantronix hooked to a repeater. Either way, I'm happy now with the WiFi232. The Lantronix I can always use on another computer.

Well I did get a UDS-100 off of ebay for $20 .. so I think thats a pretty good deal, and in my computer room running a wire to my router is not an issue, as opposed to wifi.. so I am good with that. (So there Tillek.. you big jerk ;) )

James

Edited by Bikerbob