IGNORED

POKEY Copies of Bentley Bear and Super Circus AtariAge Available!

Albert

All I know is that it seems the POKEY in my MATEOS died, so I need to order a new one.

I don't think there is a version of the Bentley Bear rom that is highly likely to work with the Mateos cart. Ballblazer should always work, though, as long as the rom is good and loaded correctly. Also, a special version of the Donkey Kong XM rom with POKEY support was made specifically for the Mateos cart.

I don't think there is a version of the Bentley Bear rom that is highly likely to work with the Mateos cart. Ballblazer should always work, though, as long as the rom is good and loaded correctly. Also, a special version of the Donkey Kong XM rom with POKEY support was made specifically for the Mateos cart.

So not a true statement... (In regards to Bentley)

So not a true statement... (In regards to Bentley)

I don't know. The last demo posted in the original development thread does not seem to load on the Mateos right and the optimized one by Trebor runs right but provided no POKEY sound. Could be specific to different revisions of the 7800 or a Mateos cart problem, but all the other POKEY game roms (8 different ones) on my Mateos have POKEY sound, but not BBCQ. If there is a version that is POKEY and Mateos friendly to almost all 7800s, I'd be happy to give it a try.

Such a rom does indeed exist but I don't think it was publicly posted on the usual retro gaming forums. I can't recall where I found it, but another AA member told me the revision number to search for and I found a link for it in a programming forum on a completely different site I'd never been to before. And as far as I know that rom wasn't modified at all. I just had to run it through Mateos' online header stripper, (which, likely wasn't even needed) and rename the extension to .S9P. In fact I even posted a few a video or two on YT where it was shown playing through my Mateos cart well ahead of the actual release. I was advised not to make it obvious that I had a working rom of it and at the time was told not to mention about the .s9p extension because I had found out about it by playing with different extensions to look for just what I found...hidden ones.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

I got it figured out a long time ago.