IGNORED

Rampage Cartridge: which one for a collector?

sixersfan105

Hey guys, I already have Rampage for 7800 complete in box, but recently acquired another cartridge for pretty cheap. My question to you all is: which cartridge do you prefer? Right or left (attached)? Left has little to no Actiplaque, which intrigued me, but its also not without blemishes. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

post-47330-0-31974800-1510947928_thumb.jpeg

post-47330-0-80005700-1510947939_thumb.jpeg

Left looks better overall, just put your thumb over the blemish whenever you handle it, and it will look good as new

It's the wrinkle on the end label that is sure to get worse in time on the right one that made my pick for the left very easy.

One stain on the left corner of the left cart is nothing compared to the wear and plaque on cart to the right.

• Like 1

Left for sure looks better. Most of my carts that look like the one on the right start having the labels peel off.

If you have no need for both i might be interested in which one you deem unworthy.

I have a guy thats interested in one plus an extra manual Ive got, but if that falls through, Ill PM you.

Don't really know. However, when I was I living with my folks as a young teen at the time, both my parents smoked...a lot. I never took up the habit but aside from their smoking, the carts were kept in a homemade cart box I made. Now...I do know that I found all of my 7800 games in a shoebox in the late 90s in my mothers detached garage. So I don't know how long it and the rest of my games sat in that box out there. I'm sure that was ultimately what did it.

Don't really know. However, when I was I living with my folks as a young teen at the time, both my parents smoked...a lot. I never took up the habit but aside from their smoking, the carts were kept in a homemade cart box I made. Now...I do know that I found all of my 7800 games in a shoebox in the late 90s in my mothers detached garage. So I don't know how long it and the rest of my games sat in that box out there. I'm sure that was ultimately what did it.

Ah yeah, I agree that the garage is the likely culprit! Super cool that you still have your original games, though!

For me, comparing the first two carts, the selection on the right side, its end label is just as off-putting, if not more so, than the left cartridge's front side blemish. Meanwhile, the entire rest of the left-side's label is in much better condition than the right. Hands-down the left side cartridge wins as the better of the two in my book.

That third cartridge actiplaque is pretty rough, but not uncommon, unfortunately.

The graphics are better on both. Thats the best part!

Indeed! While both games are improved graphically, neither are necessarily the end product of the graphic (and hopefully other) updates. For example, Double Dragon falls somewhere between RC 4 and 6. However, Kevin's latest public release is up to RC7b.

Still, an awesome dual cart to own and very glad I snagged a copy. :)

• Like 1