IGNORED

8-bit character set question

Nope, Atascii was used to distinguish the character codes (which differed from the Ascii character codes).  The characters' appearence was something else altogether.

The characters' appearence was something else

Surely you can't be serious.

Nope, Atascii was used to distinguish the character codes (which differed from the Ascii character codes).  The characters' appearence was something else altogether.

Nukey Shay is entirely correct. The characters' appearance has nothing to do with ATASCII, other than being the defaul font for the Atari 8bits. You can actually change the character appearance, as was often done with games or programs using character graphics, but that does nothing to change the ATASCII codes. However, I think the font COULD be called ATASCII, as those characters were all the same throughout Atari's 8bit lineup.

Nukey Shay is entirely correct. The characters' appearance has nothing to do with ATASCII, other than being the defaul font for the Atari 8bits. You can actually change the character appearance, as was often done with games or programs using character graphics, but that does nothing to change the ATASCII codes. However, I think the font COULD be called ATASCII, as those characters were all the same throughout Atari's 8bit lineup.

I should have put a :D at the end of my post. Since Nukey was quoting a line from Airplane!, I thought I would set-up another one, which he hit out of the park. :)

Trouble is that on some of my jokes I don't like to put the :D in because it seems like a laugh track. Maybe if I had put it in quotes as he did? Only problem--I can't remember who said the line in the movie.

Archived