IGNORED

Falcon files from Atari mid 97?

JagChris

I found these Falcon files in the Jaguar extremist pack.

One directory named Drummer has files that the windows timestamp showed was modified mid 97. 97? How did that happen?

Did Atari even have an office in 97?

Can someone let me know if these files are already out their from this late of a date ? Is this anything new? I dont know anything about the Falcon Atari scene.

Part B.zip

Edited by JagChris

Aparently this is a collection of midi programs from someone's computer. They contain various programs collected over the years, including one of them definitely after the year 2000 as said in the readme (timestamps can be misleading with the falcon's dallas dying) and a boot disk that autoboots to some software for the ST. This has, with 99% certainty, nothing to do with the jaguar and whoever compiled this package just put random stuff in it, in order to fill up cd-rom space, as it was so often the case with cd-roms at the late 90's but that luckily went away with the internet.

Actually some of these programs might be of interest to the Atari musicians (I didn't check to see if they are otherwise available to download - they probably are). Pass them on to exxos, maybe he can check with the Atari Music Network database to see if any of them is of any use.

I finally got around to unZIPping the file and yep, Christos is right. A bunch of ST MIDI programs. They are:

CLIPBRD = Atari Clipboard storage area

DRUMMER = MIDI Master Drummer - a drum machine pattern sequencer

EDITRK = EditTrack by Hybrid Arts - Hybrid Arts' top of the line MIDI sequencer w/o SMPTE features

MIDIFILE = Some MIDI file called BIRTHDAY

MTPRO36 = Master Tracks Pro by Passport Designs

SMPTETRK = SMPTEtrack by Hybrid Arts - EditTrack with SMPTE synchronization features