IGNORED

Is Xevious for A7800 the best arcade port ever?

Kombalar

I'm a huge Xevious fanatic. I have completed the game in all difficulty levels and my arcade high score is over 1 million points. I spent my youth with this legendary game.

But only recently I discovered the A7800 port of this game and damn what a great version it is. Very true to the original in many ways. Flags, hidden towers, map, etc.

I owned a A2600 when I was very small kid but I never saw A7800 in person. It wasn't sold in my country (Scandinavia). I only saw pictures on the gaming magazines. If I had this home port version of Xevious when I was 10 years old I would have gone nuts. :D

PS: I also had very impressive homemade port of Space Duel for 7800 (for my 7800 emulator) but lost it. I wonder if it's still available somewhere.

Cheers.

Edited by Kombalar
  • Like 2

On a technical level I think the NES version is superior, but I've always liked the 7800 version best because of how nicely the targeting reticle lights up when you pass over a sol tower. I've got the locations of all of them memorized but it's still helpful to have an easy visual indicator to pinpoint their locations.