IGNORED

WANTED: Feedback for Astro Fighter and Chicago Basement

Dauber

I'm looking for feedback a future episode of the Atari 7800 Homebrew Podcast (you can find it on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or use this feed: http://feeds.feedbur...com/homebrew78)

What are your thoughts on Astro Fighter? This game will be covered on Episode 28. Deadline is 11:59pm CST on Wednesday, January 10. Sorry for the limited time...holiday weirdness as you'd expect. :)

Aaaand...while I'm at it...I think I'll also cover Chicago Basement. Same episode! Share your thoughts!

You can also e-mail text or audio to homebrew78 -at- fab4it -dot- com.

Comments are welcome any time, including after the deadlines; any feedback from after the deadlines will simply be addressed during a later episode.

When you post titles to games like Chicago Basement, would you please include a hyperlink pointing to the game? Would help bring awareness to the lesser known stuff or potential sales to the AA Store if a game like Astro Fighter exists there. :)

Santa Simon

Sick Pickles

Fat Axl

...are a few others you've listed recently that many (like myself) might not even know about.

D'oh! Good idea....wish I had been doing that from the beginning! Thanks...

:thumbsup: Just some friendly suggestions. I try to provide them when I remember to and am on my desktop computer (doesn't work in iOS). :)

I don't own either, but since you also ask for thoughts... :grin:

Astro Fighter - like Moon Cresta, this is a shooter that's a wee bit too "meh" for me. I can totally appreciate it for what it is, along with its place in history et al, but wouldn't sit and play such a game today. I really like Astro Blaster though and other early shooters such as Astro Invader, which has yet to see a port for the 7800 (someday I hope!) but with better shooting games available on the system, Astro Fighter is one that I think I'll continue to pass on.

Chicago Basement - looks like simplistic fun and love the humor here. Judging by the gameplay video, looks to be kind of like a Fast Food type of game, where you're picking certain things up while avoiding others. Guess I don't know too much about this kind of a game as I don't do emulation, own a 7800 Flashcart or otherwise pay super close attention to the 7800 WIP (work in progress) scene. But I get the impression games like this are never really finished/polished or meant to just be cute little mini-games/demos as programmers cut their teeth learning a system. And that's not meant to be a rip at all, just not always my thing. :)