IGNORED

Bad Ebay Buyer List - Feel Free to Add

Mats90245

Someone mentioned starting a thread so we can keep track of negative experiences weve had on eBay. Over the years eBay seems to have made it harder and harder for the sellers to get a fair shake. We no longer can post negative feedback and are at the mercy of buyers if they are unhappy for any reason. Here are the people Ive had negative experience with that are on my blocked buyers list :

Coolwildman

Dangaskin (Bid then said he just changed his mind)

Dneyoadaddy

Rick_w_hoaks_jr (offered 100% refund and he could keep item. Sent me photo of his middle finger)

Rtbrandom1

Stevegerman

Western.meadow (another bidder who changed his mind)

White_wolf_angel

Djremy2000-Canada (won auction, then changed his mind)

schoolgirlinashortdress (Added by user)

Globalizedmerchandise (won 2 auctions then 4 days later said to cancel because he just wasnt into these games anymore)

I put notes on the ones I had notes on so you can judge for yourself if you want to work with them. Personally, Im not a fan of cancelled bids, especially when its after the fact. Feel free to add some names, as Im done dealing with the nonsense on that site.

Edited by Mats90245

I actually do like the idea of having a separate bad ebay buyers list as compared to a bad traders list. I do think that thread was initially meant more so for like AA than ebay and it got hijacked. If that thread was managed w/more organization that would be nice.

Having a master list that gets updated would be great. A list w/descriptions/links so people can decide for themselves. Also differentiate a persons name and categorize whether ebay or AA or whatever.

Perhaps, but this isn't the place for that though. This is the Marketplace - where things are bought, sold and traded within the AtariAge community.

EBay issues, bitch fests and witch hunts all belong elsewhere, such as in Auction Central or the Bad Traders thread as posted above. And don't forget, we have our own easily searchable, User Feedback Forum for AA members. :)

• Like 3

You said that you can not give Negative feedback to the buyer on Ebay, how about give Positive Feedback with Negative comment? You can start the comment with bold: "NEGATIVE:" plus the comment. That way you can let other Ebayers know your true experience and others can quickly search the feedback with comment "Negative".

Let's keep it as standard.

And yes, this thread should go to the AUCTION sub category.

Edited by amiman99
  • Like 1

You said that you can not give Negative feedback to the buyer on Ebay, how about give Positive Feedback with Negative comment? You can start the comment with bold: "NEGATIVE:" plus the comment. That way you can let other Ebayers know your true experience and others can quickly search the feedback with comment "Negative".

Let's keep it as standard.

Tried that and had eBay threaten to delete my account if I did it again.

• Like 3

Trust me, as a buyer on eBay, in my opinion the amount of bad sellers is astonishing. The only reason I still purchase from there is because Im unable to find elsewhere. There needs to be harsher penalties for sellers who won't ship items because you won it too cheap or cancel the listing because they are 'out of stock' That feature should only be allowed to power sellers who deal with large quantities.

• Like 1

The purpose of the proposed eBay list is for people who sell on eBay to be able to look and see and identity eBay buyers that they don't want to sell to. That cannot reasonably be accomplished in the Bad Trader thread.

I don't see what the conflict is if there are other specific eBay related threads in the Marketplace section.

It seems though like there should be one list, which is maintained and updated and alphabetized and that also maybe it should keep track of who nominated them and when and what their offense was. So if a seller encounters a buyer they can make an informed decision.

Trust me, as a buyer on eBay, in my opinion the amount of bad sellers is astonishing. The only reason I still purchase from there is because Im unable to find elsewhere. There needs to be harsher penalties for sellers who won't ship items because you won it too cheap or cancel the listing because they are 'out of stock' That feature should only be allowed to power sellers who deal with large quantities.

I agree except for the very last sentence. Nothing should be "out of stock" on ebay. If you don't have it in your hand, ready to ship, don't list it. That goes for mom & pop as well as powerhouse sellers.

• Like 4

I'd like to know your eBay ID please.

And yes, this thread should go to the AUCTION sub category.

Not all of eBay is an auction format. So far I've never sold in auction format.

There needs to be harsher penalties for sellers who won't ship items because you won it too cheap or cancel the listing because they are 'out of stock' That feature should only be allowed to power sellers who deal with large quantities.

I feel sooooooo sorry for you. Heaven forbid you get your money back and are out NOTHING! Meanwhile sellers get screw out of actual MONEY and in some cases property or get damaged goods back. Yeah this is AWESOME! As long as buyers suffer no discomfort who cares what happens to sellers. You guys kill me!

I as well want to note that when I left a negative comment as positive feedback, not only did ebay threaten to delete my account if I did it again but they also removed my comment but left the positive feedback. So the buyer now has a positive from me that says "comment was removed by ebay."

• Like 1

Please tell me your eBay ID.

Same as here :) Feel free to block me or whatever you feel you need to do. Fwiw glip, I side with you completely in your thread about the Vectrex games. I'm not trying to hate on sellers, and I fully understand shitty buyers exist, but it's my opinion that buyer protection comes first. It has to. I've got plenty of stories of awful, awful sellers but now is not the time to get into it.

• Like 1

Now don't get me wrong I agree some sellers are shitty and while having an order cancelled because "you think" the item sold too cheap or because an item is said to be out of stock can be annoying. I find sellers who pull your email and put you on mailing list much more of a problem. However in the grand scheme of things buyers overall have very little to complain about as compared to sellers.

When I see people complaining over petty stuff like having an order cancelled and wishing for more rules and penalties for sellers it just irritates me. Now I would not go as far as ask someone for their ebay ID and ban them because they are unhappy w/sellers over what I feel are petty problems in the whole ebay/pp system. I do think they have hardly any understanding on how one sided the system already is.

• Like 1

Same as here :) Feel free to block me or whatever you feel you need to do. Fwiw glip, I side with you completely in your thread about the Vectrex games. I'm not trying to hate on sellers, and I fully understand shitty buyers exist, but it's my opinion that buyer protection comes first. It has to. I've got plenty of stories of awful, awful sellers but now is not the time to get into it.

Mine is staple2559

I don't really want to make it personal, especially after the other thread. But I have no sympathy for you when a seller declines to sell you something at an unreasonably low cost, which is the reality of what was described and which was the ONLY example Bodyshots gave of an "astonishing" "bad seller". I know that it's annoying to have a winning bid canceled for that reason and it's happened to me several times as a buyer. But a moment or two later I get over it because I don't feel ENTITLED to have a stranger ship a physical product to me for a financial loss. There is no "gotcha" scenario that justifies that. It is immoral. They didn't trick you, they made a mistake. It was an absurd scenario you were literally gambling on ripping them off. Then when they split you want to chase them down, "hey I ripped you off fair and square get back here". No I do not want to be involved in shunning that person.

Mine is staple2559

But I have no sympathy for you when a seller declines to sell you something at an unreasonably low cost, which is the reality of what was described and which was the ONLY example Bodyshots gave of an "astonishing" "bad seller". I know that it's annoying to have a winning bid canceled for that reason and it's happened to me several times as a buyer. But a moment or two later I get over it because I don't feel ENTITLED to have a stranger ship a physical product to me for a financial loss. There is no "gotcha" scenario that justifies that. It is immoral. They didn't trick you, they made a mistake. It was an absurd scenario you were literally gambling on ripping them off. Then when they split you want to chase them down, "hey I ripped you off fair and square get back here". No I do not want to be involved in shunning that person.

We are disagreeing here. As a seller you have the options of either setting a reserve, making your start price the min. you will sell for OR like I do it just make it a bin. It is pretty shitty to not complete a transaction YOU agreed to just because the bids didn't go as high as you would have liked.

• Like 6

Nothing personal here either :) I was responding mainly to the comment that a seller cancels an auction because it's "out of stock." That shouldn't happen, but no, it's not the end of the world.

Let me make sure I understand what you said there about the other part. Are you suggesting it's justified that a seller cancel or refuse to ship when a item sells for a very low cost? If so, then yes, they are a "bad seller." (And yes, I've had that happen to me but it's been a long time thankfully). It just simply goes back to the auction contract. If you list an item and it sells, at whatever cost, you are obligated to ship it even if you take a loss. It works both ways too. If you bid on an item and win, you are obligated to pay for it, no matter what.

• Like 1

Look this is a useful marketplace topic because people are being screwed in the market by scamming buyers who play games gaming the system at ebay (amazon too.) There should be a bad buyer list and separate from sheisty sellers/traders as it's not the same. The sellers and traders steal your money or goods in a bad sale or trade. The bad buyer takes your item and then extorts money or steals it all and or the product using lies and obstruction which is similar but different enough.

• Like 1

What you guys thing about "Pay After Delivery" option. I used that on a "0" feedback seller just to make sure he ships it, but he did not. He also did not reply to my messages so after a week I canceled the payment. No money loss from my side, just some delay getting my game from another seller.

Nothing personal here either :) I was responding mainly to the comment that a seller cancels an auction because it's "out of stock." That shouldn't happen, but no, it's not the end of the world.

Let me make sure I understand what you said there about the other part. Are you suggesting it's justified that a seller cancel or refuse to ship when a item sells for a very low cost? If so, then yes, they are a "bad seller." (And yes, I've had that happen to me but it's been a long time thankfully). It just simply goes back to the auction contract. If you list an item and it sells, at whatever cost, you are obligated to ship it even if you take a loss. It works both ways too. If you bid on an item and win, you are obligated to pay for it, no matter what.

I am suggesting it is a bad faith relationship and a bad faith contract and I am suggesting that "astonishment" is an unfounded emotion to have in response to the described behavior.

Above all else I am suggesting that the quantity of the thing matters, that all of the quantities matter and that the entire transaction is quantifiable.

We haven't even referred to a hypothetical example of a canceled sale and I'm not going speak in platitudes on what is right or wrong because we aren't actually talking about what is right and wrong if there are no quantities.

If a buyer who is out no money because the seller has refused him, no I am not astonished and no I don't feel I need to make a record of that seller's identity for future reference. And if that is the first and ONLY example a person gives of a "bad seller" problem, it leads me to believe that the bad seller problem is an insignificant problem, at least in the experience of the accuser.

• Like 1

Pay after delivery to be blunt can kiss my ass. I've run across that before, so I just either chose not to buy at all as I trust no one, or I built up a feedback rating as a seller first to instill enough confidence to get around that crap. You can't trust any faceless person online for the old mail deal of cash on delivery, especially with COD isn't even being collected at the traditional point of the drop.

Sorry but I'm not a business with multiples and a loss prevention budget/department, I will never ship my property with a so called promise of payment after it is received and the person is happy with it. That's too parallel into the ebay buyer scam of lying about missing goods or not as described.

I am suggesting it is a bad faith relationship and a bad faith contract and I am suggesting that "astonishment" is an unfounded emotion to have in response to the described behavior.

Above all else I am suggesting that the quantity of the thing matters, that all of the quantities matter and that the entire transaction is quantifiable.

We haven't even referred to a hypothetical example of a canceled sale and I'm not going speak in platitudes on what is right or wrong because we aren't actually talking about what is right and wrong if there are no quantities.

If a buyer who is out no money because the seller has refused him, no I am not astonished and no I don't feel I need to make a record of that seller's identity for future reference. And if that is the first and ONLY example a person gives of a "bad seller" problem, it leads me to believe that the bad seller problem is an insignificant problem, at least in the experience of the accuser.

It seems you want to have it both ways. How is it bad faith? By listing on Ebay and going through the process of selling either as a buy it now or an auction, you have entered into a binding contract between buyer and seller. Unless you're arguing that the seller made a legitimate mistake (i.e. they entered a BIN of a penny when they meant ten dollars and it sold immediately, before they could correct the error)? I suspect that is not the situation the other poster is talking about and Ebay does protect against that by allowing the seller to refund and cancel or revise a listing. If the seller just decides they don't want to sell for the price they agreed to sell for and there was no mistake other than that they are just unhappy with the outcome, that is an example of a bad seller and Ebay should take action as funds of the buyer are typically tied up for a few days via Paypal in the refund process and the buyer may have missed another opportunity to obtain that item by thinking they had already secured it. Sellers who abuse Ebay by trying to side deal or run auctions only to refuse to sell are bad for Ebay and waste the time of buyers and impact sales of other legitimate sellers. They also cost Ebay time and money in accounting for fees that have to be refunded.

As for your other point, there are clearly far worse examples of bad sellers, from people that ship counterfeit items to not shipping at all after stringing the buyer along for weeks or entering fake tracking numbers just to delay an Ebay refund to items that are grossly not as described, dangerous (moldy, insect infested, etc...), etc...That doesn't make the seller who refuses to honor a binding sales contract somehow justifiable.

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 1

I feel sooooooo sorry for you. Heaven forbid you get your money back and are out NOTHING! Meanwhile sellers get screw out of actual MONEY and in some cases property or get damaged goods back. Yeah this is AWESOME! As long as buyers suffer no discomfort who cares what happens to sellers. You guys kill me!

So, becuase Ebay has shat the bed regarding their treatment of good sellers, they shouldn't consider adding anything against bad ones? I agree that you guys need some protections back (at least the ability to leave negative feedback), but some sort of consequence for sellers who repeatedly cancel transactions would also be good. It's better than having your money tied up for 3+ weeks because the seller found a way to keep your money in limbo in the hopes you won't notice & they can rob you- yes, I did just go through that, by the way. It's put me off of buying on Ebay for the time being.

Which is a good way to look at it- if bad sellers don't have consequences, the good buyers they try to scam could leave. Which means the good sellers only have bad customers out to game the system left.

And yeah, this list would be more useful in the Auction forum. Marketplace is for our users to hock their wares.

So, becuase Ebay has shat the bed regarding their treatment of good sellers, they shouldn't consider adding anything against bad ones? I agree that you guys need some protections back (at least the ability to leave negative feedback), but some sort of consequence for sellers who repeatedly cancel transactions would also be good. It's better than having your money tied up for 3+ weeks because the seller found a way to keep your money in limbo in the hopes you won't notice & they can rob you- yes, I did just go through that, by the way. It's put me off of buying on Ebay for the time being.

What more do you want? Putting more restrictions and penalties on sellers keeps hurting ALL sellers. Accidents happen. Sometimes items get damaged and a seller would have to cancel. There is no good way to stop bad sellers w/out hurting good ones.

I do not get this second part. I have cancelled sales before, usually because the buyer request it. The money is immediately taken from my paypal and put back to theirs. The ONLY thing you could be complaining about is if you buy from your checking account and yeah it is going to take time to rip funds from your account just as it will take time to put them back.

Buy from paypal, keep money in paypal and you should not have problems. Funds are transferred immediately. If your funds are in limbo I guarantee that is NOT caused by the seller unless they don't cancel right away. Soon as that transaction is cancelled funds get taken from the sellers paypal immediately.

My take on this is until sellers get better treatment the buying aspect has more than enough. You may get your money on hold from time to time. I get mine stolen! I think sellers need better treatment before buyers can even begin to complain.

• Like 2