IGNORED

Bad Ebay Buyer List - Feel Free to Add

Mats90245

Thats what I thought. So why are people bothering me asking me to cancel their order?

Whatever. Selling on eBay is a hassle, but so is buying stuff from some of the sellers on there. Its a place that used to be cool, but Im having a much better experience on OfferUp and LetGo these days. But I live in LA and my job takes me all over Southern California, so I have access to lots of stuff.

not your responsibility to cancel it, just open an unpaid dispute so he he at least gets a strike against him. Edited by atari181

• 5 weeks later...

I suggest blocking raymaelah_0

https://www.ebay.com/usr/raymaelah_0

I sold this person two Pokémon games blue and silver. Soon as he got the games he immediately opened a return case saying blue did not work and felt half a refund would be appropriate. This is complete BS as I tested and played both games 3-4 times. I installed new batteries and was making sure the games held the save over a few weeks time. They were both tested immediately before shipping as well and both worked fine.

I replied stating the only option was to send both games back for a full refund. I as well stated I would record the package being opened and both games and pcb's better match the listing. No response at all. He is just hoping I'm a noob who will send him a refund. Instead he was sent a return shipping label. Now waiting to see if he sends anything back at all.

He had initially stated he only wanted to return blue and keep silver. I have a few guesses but my main guess is he has a blue that doesn't work or doesn't hold a save and was trying to pull a fast one on me. Since I said I was going to record the package being opened he has not replied at all. In fact the only thing he did was spend 10 seconds to open a return against me w/his return message.

I really hate selling on ebay. His account is just barely a month old now. I already contacted the sellers who left him feedback. This is why I will not leave feedback just because some asshole pays.

not your responsibility to cancel it, just open an unpaid dispute so he he at least gets a strike against him.

I had to do this twice. One guy asked me if I had SMART tested some hard drives, to which I said "no," then two weeks later the fekker bought them then demanded that I cancel the order because I had not SMART tested them and berated me. I banned him from my auctions, relisted the items, let him go to unpaid. Similar incident on a laptop.

It is not true there are no repercussions for bad buyers, just that the process is arduous or at least lengthy.

It is not true there are no repercussions for bad buyers, just that the process is arduous or at least lengthy.

No it is true. There isn't a damn thing that happens to buyers. Tell me what is the BIG repercussions? Getting hit w/an unpaid item dispute that doesn't mean shit? Those mean nothing. A buyer can literally screw you EVERY Month! The best case scenario a seller can do is block someone w/2 a month. A buyer can not pay 3 times in January yet act like nothing happened in February as it is a different month!

post-25078-0-47797700-1518347194_thumb.jpg

They are not held accountable, they don't get their account limited, hell they don't even get stopped from buying unless sellers have their accounts set-up to block them if they have 2 a month and that just gets reset for them soon as a month goes by.

They can lie, cheat, and steal and sellers have to take it. There is ZERO repercussions for bad buyers, other than YOU can add them to your blocked buyer list.

After one of my complaints a buyer's account was deleted -- I may not have been the reason but I might have been the "final straw." Sure, like anywhere else they could set up a new or use a different account, which I have seen done. As well, it is possible to go after a bad buyer civilly if you can claim damages and the buyer is in your country as eBay sales are legal contracts.

Bad buyers on eBay are little different than many other on-line services. As others have said, it is one of the necessary evils of dealing via anonymous transactions rather than face-to-face. But even face-to-face I have dealt with some shady customers. I fully understand this is the part of doing business with which many individuals do not want to deal, but making blanket definitive statements is useless.

I would almost guarantee it was a rage quit by the buyer themselves. I highly doubt Ebay is deleting any accounts because someone didn't pay for an item. The buyer might have been naïve and actually thought a non paying strike actually meant something.

Infer what you will.

Solid move on the recording threat with Pokemon as that was so a sorry attempt at a switch. I know I brought it up before but scare tactics can effectively work but they're not guaranteed either. I did it with a Wii game I was the buyer of new and it was in perfect shape yet somehow the game stopped at a point and had scratches (riiiight.) I just told them no refund in part, send back, and I will compare a lot of high res shots of the ring code on the disc and other stuff and then I'd refund if it was a match. Case got closed fast. ebay makes it very hard to deal with people, con artists or ocd types too.