IGNORED

5200 controller PORT repair help.....

unoclay

Hi there,

this isnt a question about everyone's favorite fallible controllers, this is about the controller ports where you plug them into the system.

The port on my player 1 slot appears to have a half-damaged pin. One of the pins looks like about "half length", like perhaps part of it snapped off at some point.

This would seem consistent with what im observing when i try to use the system. The controllers (I have a Wico, along with a repaired standard controller) dont fire correctly. The buttons seem to work incorrectly, or sometimes not at all. However, these same controllers work fine in the SECOND controller port, which doesnt appear to have any pin damage.

I'm wondering--is there anyone on this board who could repair the controller port for me, either SWAPPING the port from, say, the player 4 slot (i dont think i've ever used it!!), or outright replacing it from parts?

I'd pay shipping and some fees for the assistance. the system is very sentimental to me, as it was my grandparents, and the first system i ever played extensively.

Thanks in advance!!