IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Learning about my Channel F

RSS Bot

So the missing channel F games I bought have been found. I have carts 1, 3, 5, 9, 12 and 17 plus 6 duplicate cartridges ready to be made into Kevin Vs. Tomatoes cartridges. I guess I'll keep a #3 even though it won't work in my Channel F (the f stands for "flaky"). So it's safe to say out of the ones I have, #17 is the best game. I can actually play it. But yes, something is wrong with the buttons. I'm not sure, but in cart #3 it acts like a button has been pressed and goes straight to the built in game. So even though #17 says "Pinball Challenge," it actually is Breakout. I guess they couldn't say "Breakout" since it was already copyrighted, but "pinball" is not a word I would use to describe it.

Cartridges 12 and 17 came with boxes. I was expecting the boxes to be bigger. Instead the cartridges barely fit inside them! I have some instruction manuals as well. I won't base KVT's manual off them, but it will be the same size. Pity about cart #5, I can't play it, either, but I'll keep it since it has a Zircon back label on it.

And now that I know my mailman is somewhat compitent, I can continue buying Channel F carts, both for my collection and for the KVT project. Only 14 more duplicates left to buy.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14509-learning-about-my-channel-f/