IGNORED

Ballblazer

kyle

And still no fun to play.

Like most rare games today.

Blasphemous! Ballblazer is by far the greatest game in the entire 7800 library. I have played the 7800 and A8 literately hundreds of times over the years and have never grown tired of it.

• Like 3

Wonder how it plays with a Trak-Ball?

First off, it doesn't support Trak-Balls natively.

Now I'm a huge proponent and fan of Trak-Balls but Ballblazer wouldn't be a good game for it. Hat Trick would be a good game for a 2-button Trak-Ball, just as the arcade original was...

Blasphemous! Ballblazer is by far the greatest game in the entire 7800 library. I have played the 7800 and A8 literately hundreds of times over the years and have never grown tired of it.

I would love for a Lynx version of Ballblazer that could be ComLynxed up. Same with a more polished version of the game for the ST or the Amiga and ported to the Jaguar...

Guys when did ball blazer become a $20 + game? I havent kept up with values Ill games I already have I was shocked to see ballblazer are going for so much.

O'shea's melted down the NOS and then POKEY chips have been getting more popular so it's no longer a $5 title :( For years you could get them for $3 but not anymore :sad:

I got a red label Ballblazer last June on Amazon (third-party reseller, of course) for $10. I know they're not really supposed to be any more valuable than the regular end label ones, but they are at least listed on the 'bay for some absurd prices. Some seller has a red label cart only listed for $179.95, which is 10% off his regular price of $199.95. LOL!!

I agree, one of the best...that game is so polished for a 7800 game IMO. The music, the graphics, so damn good.

• Like 1

Not everyone agrees, but it's my favorite game on the system, and as such, it's kinda said to see it get destroyed for Pokeys.

When I did the podcast, I predicted this might happen when I covered it, but was hoping I was wrong.

For about a year after, it stayed steady, about $10, but when the new batch of homebrews came out, it quickly doubled.

post-40263-0-01842100-1517366194.png

I doubt it will ever be a $10 game again. When games go up in value, they don't usually go back down much, and in this case, not only are they being bought, but destroyed. So over time, the rarity of this game could go up, since there will be less working copies in existence.

• Like 2