IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Reminders.

RSS Bot

Before I went to sleep last night, I wanted to work on my novella I was writing. But I was too tired to work on it. So I reminded myself by opening the folder it was in on my computer and then I went to sleep.

I woke up at about 4pm, after 14 hours of sleep. I went to my computer and after checking around AtariAge and my e-mails to see what I missed while I was sleeping, I noticed I had put my computer in the folder last night to remind myself I wanted to work on it. I didn't really feel like writing a novel, but I did anyway. I just got finished with chapter 9. I plan to have 15 chapters and 112 pages. Right now I just finished up page 70.

I had to remind myself what was going on in the story because the last time I worked on it was August. But now, if I write an 8-page chapter a day, I could have this book done by the end of the week and can start on another one. And it all started because when I was a kid and saw something at Wal-Mart.

Long time readers of my blog know that I have all the books in a series of paperback books with stories meant for kids. It's called "Barf-O-Rama." And I made a sixteenth book. It has about 20,000 words and 14 chapters in it. Well, now I'm working on a 17th book. And I started work on #17 a few years ago. In fact, the only reason I could continue it and have the other one is because I saved the Word document it was on and had the other one in pdf form on my website. So fortunately, Libre Office can (sort of) handle Word documents, and I have been able to continue work on it.

So book #17 is called "15 Shades of Yellow." I started it around the time the book "50 Shades of Gray" was popular. And as you can imagine, it is about pee. I guess there's just this 10-year-old boy trapped in my 35-year-old self. But that's another story for another time.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14529-reminders/