IGNORED

Atari Graphics Modes - Reference Chart

MrFish

Another note I should add here: when I relate some of the mode's pixel sizes to "character width", I'm talking about the width of characters apart from BASIC modes 1 & 2, which are double the width of the other character modes. I'll probably just edit the descriptions to make it more clear and repost the updated version here soon.

A little reference that I've wanted to have for some time.

attachicon.gifGraphics Modes.png

attachicon.gifAtari Graphics Modes.xls

*If* you are looking to augment your tables, I'd appreciating having an easy reference to the overall percentage that DMA is going to take away available CPU, and also an easy reference on how many cycles remain per scanline (with split info for the character modes where one line must also grab the character set).

• Like 1

*If* you are looking to augment your tables, I'd appreciating having an easy reference to the overall percentage that DMA is going to take away available CPU, and also an easy reference on how many cycles remain per scanline (with split info for the character modes where one line must also grab the character set).

I like your idea, just don't have time right now to work on it.

If you feel like it you could use data from here:

Antic_Timings.txt

• Like 2

The GTIA color interpretations work with Antic modes other than F. For instance, they will work with Antic 2 (BASIC 0). Did you choose to leave them off this chart?

Yes, I'm aware of that, and I did leave them off on purpose; the reason being, the chart is presenting the Atari standard graphics modes only.

If I end up doing anything for the non-standard modes, I would put the mode 2 GTIA variations on that chart. I'd guess they're probably the easiest non-standard modes to set up.

Edited by MrFish

If I end up doing anything for the non-standard modes, I would put the mode 2 GTIA variations on that chart. I'd guess they're probably the easiest non-standard modes to set up.

Seems like an interesting addition. You know, we're trying to push you into expanding it only because you've made such an incredible presentation. Otherwise, few if anyone would care. Nice job!

Seems like an interesting addition. You know, we're trying to push you into expanding it only because you've made such an incredible presentation. Otherwise, few if anyone would care. Nice job!

Sure, I just feel the information suggested is better suited on separate charts. I would just add them as additional tabs in the same spreadsheet. So, they'd still be incorporated to that extent.

Hi!

Already done by @Xuel , see: https://github.com/lybrown/sally-vs-antic

• Like 2

I decided to bust up the Description into three sections,

which makes all the info easier to digest.

I also went with more technical pixel dimensions,

rather than the character related sizes.

I changed some of the other formatting and labels too.

post-6369-0-22920300-1518936725_thumb.png

Atari Graphics Modes.xls

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Here's a table of 1K, 2K, and 4K memory boundaries.

Useful when setting up graphics modes and working

with P/M graphics.

post-6369-0-72873700-1521395135_thumb.png

I've uploaded here in a spreadsheet, together with

the Atari Graphics Modes table (as an additional tab),

and also as a separate spreadsheet.

Atari Graphics Modes & RAM Boundaries.xls

Atari RAM Boundaries.xls

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1