IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - TV Nightmare.

RSS Bot

So the cable box quit working this morning. We had to drive out to the Xfinity store and switch our set top box for a new one. While there, there was an f.y.e. store next to it. I went in and got a new DVD: Ancient Aliens season 10 volume 2. I had doubted they'd have it, but they did. No Animaniacs DVD sets though.

So we went home and it was a total nightmare hooking it up. We waited two hours for no reason. Mom called the people and it started working. It's working now except I can't sync the remote to the TV to use volume buttons. I tried instructions. I looked on the internet. I tried alternate instructions. I tried pressing buttons randomly. Nothing. So I guess we'll have to use the TV's remote for volume and the Xfinity remote for channel changing. There were like a dozen different syncing codes to try. I tried a few and the light didn't turn red but it did when I tried to use the volume and it didn't work.

And I doubt that we'll have to cut the cord, since it's attached to our dues and there's a few channels Mom can't live without. Today was a total nightmare. I went to bed and woke up and the grass was green with no snow on it. I turn the news on and 60 miles up north they get 3 inches' worth of snow. What is up with that? Do I live in an undiscovered and not-yet-classified tropical rain forest or something?

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14573-tv-nightmare/