IGNORED

Cartridge Insert problems

Dave7800

I just recently purchased a 7800 system. The problem Im having is that you have to really insert the cartridge with a lot of force. This happens with both 7800 and 2600 games. Sometimes if you dont get it in there properly the game wont play. Is this normal? Is there a fix for this or is it the age of the plastic?

• 1 month later...

A reiteration.

the 'sleeve' mod of trimming the edges works for most 3rd party cartridges to fit. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/73258-finally/?do=findComment&comment=900532

Except;

Tigervision still won't fit due to the pins are too long for the 7800. cartridge surgery is required to fix that.

Also Parker Bros games with the spring loaded pins won't work without cartridge modification.

I had some time so I just tested this by removing the 'sleeve'. Tigervision and above mentioned Parker Bros still wouldn't fit even with NO sleeve in place.

I mod the sleeve and now all my 2600 carts fit but the two mentioned. I tested the actually ROMS without the cart and, yes, they work. the pins on the carts are the problem.

since I don't want to damage the carts I'm not going to clip the pins.

Also Parker Bros games with the spring loaded pins won't work without cartridge modification.

Parker Bros games with spring loaded pins? Which titles because this is the first I've heard of any parker bros carts not fitting into a 7800?

Also, I believe CPUWIZ stated that if you are careful in removing the label on your tigervision carts, you can actually swap the plastic around that has the pegs on it. The pegs on the opposite site normally hidden within the cart are shorter and yet still long enough to open the dust doors on the 2600 and short enough to fit into a 7800 without cutting them a cm back or so as I had done in the past.