IGNORED

games to not try for if collecting?

DarQ Massacres

Thankfully, the 5200 really just has one ultra-rare vintage game: Bounty Bob Strikes Back. Expect to pay $300 at the very least for a loose cart (still affordable compared to the 2600's super-rarities)

There's a lot more out-of-print homebrews for the 5200 if you get into that, but they can generally be gotten for less that $100 each with some patience.

The fact that the 5200 has a pretty small, high quality, and mostly quite affordable library of games makes it ideal for collecting in my book.

• Like 1

I guess I never even considered the Diagnostic Cart as it isn't a game or even something made available for sale. As for Meteorites, it does seem to have gone up in price since I got mine, but can still be had for less than $100 loose or under $200 in box... pricy, but still well under BBSB.

• Like 1

I guess I never even considered the Diagnostic Cart as it isn't a game or even something made available for sale. As for Meteorites, it does seem to have gone up in price since I got mine, but can still be had for less than $100 loose or under $200 in box... pricy, but still well under BBSB.

alright thanks, I'm currently 16 games deep into my 5200 collection, hopefully I can get most of them for a decent price

The great thing about the 5200 is that you really shouldn't have a problem getting most of the library at a reasonable price. Aside from the two games already mentioned, you should be able to get all the other vintage games loose for 50$ each at most, and most of them for far less. If using EBay, be sure to set alerts for the games you want at the price you want to pay. Best of luck with the collecting!