IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Killer lettuce returns

RSS Bot

A huge thanks to Kurt Woloch for answering my post about simplifying a bunch of code I had. It made a big difference and I was able to add some more stuff to the Killer Lettuce game. As a result, most of yesterday was spent working on the game. A big problem I had was with the lettuce's bullet. It froze on the screen. No matter what I did, it stayed there sometimes at the right side of the screen and didn't reset. I went to sleep with that problem.

I woke up this morning late, at about noon. I was in the bathroom when I had an idea on how to solve the problem I had. I went back to programming it and with a few other changes my problem is solved (I thiink.)

The latest version has the lettuce shooting more than once. In fact, it is always shooting at you. But when you shoot it, the lettuce's bullet doesn't go away. You have to dodge it, just like in real life. As a result, the lettuce might not shoot immediately when a new one appears on the left side of the screen. Actually, that is the only change I made. But it sure took a lot of time working on it. e5frog has shipped the Kevin Vs. Tomatoes boards to me. When I get them, I'll test one and adjust the ship's x position in the Lettuce game.

He suggested I put this game and the tomatoes one in the same cart. But then I don't think I would be able to play the second game because of my wonky Channel F. I still haven't gotten Tic-Tac-Toe to work. It immediately goes to the drawing program no matter which button I press. So it will probably take a few more weeks for the Kevin vs. Tomatoes boards to come. Then I need to put the board in the carts and print up labels and go to the print shop and get the manuals done. And I need to get some boxes to mail the cartridges out. The manual will be about the same size as the original releases'. So a lot of work needs to be done on the manufacturing of the boards. Since this is my first game I have yet to open a Channel F cartridge. That will be interesting when the time comes to open one.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14683-killer-lettuce-returns/