IGNORED

BattleSphere Gold repro or real?

trajectory

I did buy a repro BSG from ETSY a few years ago.  It was advertised as such and was about $28.  It came without a box but did have a box insert, manual, and cartridge, flocked in the aforementioned gray shell.  It boots and plays great and that's all I wanted it to do.  I wasn't about to spend $500+ on a real one.  I collect stuff, but I'm frugal about it (says the guy that just bought an AES).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joeatari1 said:

I did buy a repro BSG from ETSY a few years ago.  It was advertised as such and was about $28.  It came without a box but did have a box insert, manual, and cartridge, flocked in the aforementioned gray shell.  It boots and plays great and that's all I wanted it to do.  I wasn't about to spend $500+ on a real one.  I collect stuff, but I'm frugal about it (says the guy that just bought an AES).

LOL , I am frugal to but just bought a jag gamedrive, new controller , a set of overlays and it all cost about 400.00 

• Like 1

I've made repros for my own use.  Getting multiple copies of games like Aircars and Battlesphere for networking just isn't going to happen.  I like to use the translucent red shells.  They look nice, but as far as I know there are no real games that were released like that, so it should be incredibly obvious they aren't original.

18 hours ago, cubanismo said:

That's not even an actual original. It's a prototype build, and either stolen or fake according to the developers.

Yeah, adding in prototype also instantly adds 10k for the asking price... 😜  Some people are just nuts.

On 2/18/2024 at 8:46 PM, cubanismo said:

That's not even an actual original. It's a prototype build, and either stolen or fake according to the developers.

If it was established as authentic, the price would be significantly higher!