IGNORED

PAL Pole Position II Label variations

sleeky

Hi all,

Finally got myself a 7800 yesterday so am now looking to flesh out my collection. I am seeing a lot of Pole Position II carts on eBay here in England with the non picture label, however I was under the impression that all Pal carts had a picture label as it was never a pack-in. Is anyone able to confirm if there was a Pal non picture label? Just want to make sure I don't end up with an NTSC version.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Finally got myself a 7800 yesterday so am now looking to flesh out my collection. I am seeing a lot of Pole Position II carts on eBay here in England with the non picture label, however I was under the impression that all Pal carts had a picture label as it was never a pack-in. Is anyone able to confirm if there was a Pal non picture label? Just want to make sure I don't end up with an NTSC version.

Thanks in advance.

In typical Atari quirkiness, many pack-in style carts were used in retail boxed copies. Some people have discovered this the hard way by purchasing the retail version NIB, only to find the pack-in cart inside!

The general theory on this is that Atari overproduced the pack-in, which they designed before the decision to halt the 7800s release. It was not until a few years later that Atari cane up with the streamlined box design.