IGNORED

Song for the new RMT Releas...

emkay

Now that I surprised Raster himself with my song, I would like to hear/read more response for it.

Due to some very small bugs , it is the best way to listen it on the ATARI800 Emulator.

You'll hear a "SLOW" song with 4 voices at every time (no AUDCTL switching this time).

JetbootJack wrote:

>Can you supply the song in .RMT rather than executable format??

Later in time I will do...

But for now we have to talk about the worse POKEY Emulation. The normal 4 x 8Bit channel using is correct about 90%. Filtering maybe 99% and 16Bit Sounds are ~50% like the original POKEY. To use the RMT properly the whole Emulation has to be rewritten. For further development of ATARI X Software on the PC, the Emulation of sound and graphics must be corrected. So the song differs slightly on the original POKEY or RMT itself . SAP-Player incl. Winamp plugin does all wrong...

I'm still wondering why it is possible to emulate ST, C64 and AMIGA at 99% and the ATARI X Emulation is at 50% at all. :roll:

It is possible to create more effects in musix, if the emulation was corrected. But with every "special feature" the sound differs more to the original POKEY.

To make it more clear, here is another Song at normal speed. This time with .RMT , .SAP and .XEX Files to compare...

The way Goldrun is played on RMT is quite well played like with the original POKEY.

SAP and the ATARI800 Emu do not play the "hihat"... this is one big error of the emulation. So it is not possible to use 16 bit correct...

Oh I didn't expect that much response ;) :roll:

After all...

Music with "instruments" in the style of "SLOW" was/is necessary to put the ATARI X with the POKEY chip on a place where it belongs....

A proper emulation (or RMT that runs on ATARI itself), a faster Musictrack and ... voila ... you have Songs in the style of Battle Squadron from the AMIGA. This means ten classes better sounding songs ... better than title songs made by Rob Hubbard for the POKEY...

Archived