IGNORED

Loopz

Shawn Jefferson

I have been playing this game for a little while now, since I received it in a trade with David (thanks!)

I did notice some bugs in the game (it *is* an evaluation version.)

1. Sometimes you cannot place pieces that clearly should fit. This usually happens around the outside edges of the playing area, but sometimes in the middle, if you have a lot of pieces placed.

2. I've had the game freeze on me a couple of times. It just freezes, and you cannot do anything except turn it off and back on. I was playing on battery so it may be low batteries.... except that I've never had this behaviour with other games even with low batteries.

That said, the game is excellent! Too bad it never hit market back in the day (even thought I didn't own a lynx then.) It would have been a feather in the lynx' cap, IMO.

Yeah, I've never had those problems either. I've played the HELL outta that game. It's lived in my Lynx for weeks at a time. Love it, love it! :D

In my opinion, there's nothing in this game that feels incomplete. I've heard of a couple of things that weren't completed, but they're not things I've run across during my marathon sessions.

I am running a Lynx I. That would be a bizarre problem to show up... not being able to place a piece. I could see the freezing being a symptom of something wrong with my Lynx, or weak batteries, but not being able to place a piece, complete with the little beep that the game gives you when it doesn't think you can put a piece down?

I have been playing Target Loopz the most at the moment. Maybe it only happens in that game?

What about not being able to place a piece that clearly should fit? That's a bug in the software, not a glitch in my lynx. As I said before, the freezing is most likely related to my lynx or batteries.

The other thing though, is clearly a bug in the software, IMO. You can place the piece in other areas of the board (provided there is another area it fits, that is.) No one else has seen this behaviour in Target Loopz?

Regardless of this bug (or possible bug), Loopz is a great game. It's living in my lynx at the moment!

1. Sometimes you cannot place pieces that clearly should fit.  This usually happens around the outside edges of the playing area, but sometimes in the middle, if you have a lot of pieces placed.

Forgive me if this sounds obvious, but I'm wondering if you're trying to fit a piece that ... how do I word this.. wants to continue off the edge of the screen? Do you know what I mean? You can only put a curved piece on the last square before any wall, not a straight piece. That's the only thing I can think of.

Forgive me if this sounds obvious, but I'm wondering if you're trying to fit a piece that ... how do I word this.. wants to continue off the edge of the screen?  Do you know what I mean?  You can only put a curved piece on the last square before any wall, not a straight piece.  That's the only thing I can think of.

ROFLMAO! That's exactly what I was/am doing. I figured, why can't I put this piece here?! I just want to place the piece down so I don't lose a "life."

Thank you :lolblue:

:D

Well hey, I'm glad we figured it out!

Now you can enjoy the game even more!

(That's why I love this website so much. Ya have a problem or a question, ya ask it here, and someone can almost always help ya out. Bloody great place, this!)

Archived