IGNORED

Who's going to the Video Game Summit

Dan Iacovelli

I was wondering when this who thing was announced back in october 2002

that this was being planned we got alot of input. but now it coming down to the last weeks and now I see that interest has died to nill.

(I'm still going on with it, just want to know who else besides me,inky and bohus are going be there(rob M. what about gravity ball I saw the demo of it at MWC(yes I was there) will be able to see it at VGS).

Dan Iacovelli

I am going to try and make it but I'm not sure yet. How many people were you expecting to show? I'll probably bring some stuff to sell/trade but I don't know if I want a table. Philly for me this year was fun as hell but, by the time I drove out, paid for hotel/admission, ect, it cost me a lot of money. This is a lot closer for me but I'd have to leave at 4a.m. in order to make the show when it starts.

I am going to try and make it but I'm not sure yet.  How many people were you expecting to show?  I'll probably bring some stuff to sell/trade but I don't know if I want a table.  Philly for me this year was fun as hell but, by the time I drove out, paid for hotel/admission, ect, it cost me a lot of money.  This is a lot closer for me but I'd have to leave at 4a.m. in order to make the show when it starts.

I'm hoping for 40+ to come so it can make uu for the cost of the room.

currently hotel rates are: 79.00 per night(standard)or 71.00 (internet specails). I do not have a deal with the hotel for rooms but I do keep an eye on it every month to see what they are.

Dan Iacovelli

For everyone who's coming to the VGS from AA, I was thinking about afterwards making a trek somewhere afterwards to 'get together' with the AA buds. WOuld ya be up for it, and then where would you like to go?

For everyone who's coming to the VGS from AA, I was thinking about afterwards making a trek somewhere afterwards to 'get together' with the AA buds.  WOuld ya be up for it, and then where would you like to go?

inky you haven't been reading the e-mails from the vgs lists or my post in the vgs topic in the events.

I'm working on details to have people come to safariland (down the street from the hotel) after the show.

Dan Iacovelli

For everyone who's coming to the VGS from AA, I was thinking about afterwards making a trek somewhere afterwards to 'get together' with the AA buds.  WOuld ya be up for it, and then where would you like to go?

inky you haven't been reading the e-mails from the vgs lists or my post in the vgs topic in the events.

I'm working on details to have people come to safariland (down the street from the hotel) after the show.

Dan Iacovelli

Yikes.. I just noticed I have a few from the last several days I haven't read.

What's Safariland?

safariland is sort of like chuck e Cheese and enchanted castle but a bit better.

here is a url of the place in villa park,IL:

http://www.invillapark.com/biz/safari.htm

I'm going to call the place today to find out some details about the package deal.

Dan Iacovelli

Just a quick update on the package deal from safariland:

they gave us three to choice from:

#1 $12.00 Per Person

Bowling & Shoe Rental

Go-Karts

$5.00 Game Card

Pizza & Beverage *

---------------------------

Package # 2

$10.00 Per Person

Roller Coaster Ride

Tilt-A Whirl Ride

$5.00 Game Card

Pizza & Beverage*

--------------------

Package # 3

$9.00 Per Person

Bowling & Shoe Rental

$5.00 Game Card

Pizza & Beverage *

------------------------------

• Pizza’s come with the choice of one topping. Additional toppings may be added for $1.00 per pizza.

• Groups will have the option to choose two different beverages from our soda & juice fountain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I think # 3 is best deal to go for. if others want to to go for rides

they can pay for them selves.

( I need a min. of 15 people though. they also say it intended for non-profit organazations,but for us they might let it slide)

I'm going to post a new topic about going our after the show so

I could get a better idea.(there also other places near there if we just ant to go for burgers or such)

Dan Iacovelli

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update:

Video Game Summit is this Saturday.

You can still purcahse your tables and /or Genral addmission online

(cut off dates: GA July 11th, Tables July 10th)

and for those who wish to hang out after the show We are planning

to hang out a local ammusemt place called safari land (see above message for information(we are going for package #3 ,I'm going to contact the place tomarrow set it up(this is optional since most poeple

may not want to go here or have to get back home)

Dan Iacovelli

How many people do you have attending so far, Dan? Seems like a pretty huge event. I wish I could go.

Don't forget to pimp the good word of DP Products 8) And please report back (with pictures if possible) afterwards.

Game. ON.

Joe,

table sales are pretty good total of 13 (counting my 3) out of 50 are set.

(11 are paid for 2 are being reserved to be paid at the show).

as for GA, we didn't as many as I wanted(I figure that we will get people

at the door(I posted a mention on cable comunity bulliten board here in IL for my area so that should bring some people plus we got a mention in the chicago suntimes friday section coming up)

I'm not planning it to be big as CGE more like the size of MWC.

argh, you had to remind about the colectors guides!!

I think I have few ideas for giving them away as prizes.

Dan Iacovelli

(yes I'l have a report onthe show afterwords(with pictures if I remeber to bring the digicam)

Hi everyone im Jason the owner of Trade-N-Games in St Louis, MO. I cant make it this year but if anyone is going to pass by St louis this week on the way to the show try to stop by the store and let me know who you are. I have alot of vintage games in stock all the time. Check out my web site for directions and more info. Thanks and have fun.

Archived