IGNORED

2600 cart. dust covers

laz455

Let me ask , I'm sure it's been mention before but could not find a post.

I recently bought 3 2600 games pac-man,jr. pac-man & ms. pac-man

they all look great and not tampered.

So i started to clean them contacts and case

i used simple green spray for the outside and then the plastic cleaner, it's one of the best cleaners i've used it gives a conditioning to the plastic, looks and feels like new.

I notice that the ms. pac-man & jr. pac-man do not have dust covers, i did notice those tower tabs on these are different than pac-man.

I don't hear and rattle or loose spring ?

did these games come with dust covers and if so i need two of them with the springs.

post-66169-0-18709300-1538627357.jpg

post-66169-0-90659200-1538627432_thumb.jpg

post-66169-0-55111300-1538627493.jpg

post-66169-0-14029500-1538627522.jpg

No you don't need dust covers on those and you wouldn't be able to retrofit the older spring covers anyway. Your Ms. Pac and Pac Jr carts are later Atari Corp made carts and they stopped putting in the dust cover mech on the games at this time. In fact, if you look at them closely you will see exactly where they get the pegs for the posts that open the dust door on the 2600. Yeap, they just punch them out of the top shell during the process of molding them.

I really don't mind the lack of the dust cover on the games, but I am more than a little annoyed by the holes they left from those posts being made. It causes the labels to not stick down well and just allows dirt and debris to get under the label easier.

Not sure that you will find a cheaper price than that. You get 36 covers for only about $28 with free shipping?

that is only like $ .78 cents each per cover. Seems like a really good deal to me.

But to be honest, I've got several games like this. Colecovision, 7800, and Intellivision games did not have dust covers on them. They don't appear to need to be cleaned anymore often that my 2600 and 5200 games that have dust covers on them.

But I tend to stand up my more rare carts in the display cases they are in or they are stacked ontop of each other with the open PCB portion facing a wall or something. So not much is going to just fall in them to begin with.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-