IGNORED

Pole Position - Atari (Fixed Checkered Flags)

MrFish

Much better in hi-res!

I like the hi-res too, but there's a limitation with placement of the text vertically, since Graph2Font

uses only character modelines and P/M's need to be used for any modelines converted to hi-res.

So basically that's why you see more vertical space between the text in this hi-res version, which

is not how I'd prefer to have it. It's a compromise...

Background looks garish in PAL though.

Yep, I haven't posted anything specific for PAL systems yet. I'll work on that last...

Meanwhile, here's how the proportional hi-res text version looks:

post-6369-0-48447600-1541554319_thumb.png

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 3

I did some more checking, and there's more scaling going on than the above GIF shows.

I counted at least 8 different scaling frames, for a total of 13 frames. There may be more.

But, the main point is that all 8 sprites on the Atari could be used, rather than just 5.

Unfortunately from the third frame onward I use the full width/high of the sprite, so no room for expanding.. only minor tweaks possible.

I can start smaller and maybe add two frames more at the start of the cycle but I see two problems with that:

• the explosion will start smaller than the car (if I had black available I would make the car visible but..)
  • it will spoil the start of the animation sequence (1-2-1-2-1-2-1-2) which now is spot on (I think)

So I will squeeze the existing frames in game and we take it from there :)