IGNORED

Arcadia / Super Charger woes...

curtishart

You mean he is still selling them?

Yeah, apparently. They are on a catalog disc marked Summer/Fall 2003.

Are there still any other homebrews (like Thrust, Jammed, SCSIcide...) or TV-format conversions in that catalog?  

Yes, there are quite a few homebrews but I do not see the games you mention, or any of the games that you created. ~Matt

Yeah, apparently.  They are on a catalog disc marked Summer/Fall 2003.

"Summer/Fall 2003" :?: :?: :?:

Double and TRIPLE UH-OH

Could you please post some contents of that disc here?

Yes, there are quite a few homebrews but I do not see the games you mention, or any of the games that you created.  ~Matt

Good, at least I don't have to worry this time. :) :roll:

Ok I guess I will just type out some stuff from the disk if it's helpful. I was thinking that there might be an easier way to upload something but here goes:

Homebrews:

Boing 2600

Colours

Cubis

Elk Attack

HVCD

Kamikaze

Lord of the Rings

Minesweeper

Mondo Pong

Multihoser

Okie Dokie

Happy Birthday Patrick

Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Tazer

Jims Heart

Alfred Challenge

Allia Quest

Merlin's Walls

Pesco

Power Off

Tetris 26

Yahtzee

Logo Demo

Hozer Promo

Hacks:

Vector

Battle for Alderaan

Beanie Baby

Bezerk:Renegade

Bira Bira

Blair

Centipede 2k

Coffe Cup Soccer

Combat Rock

Console War

Cory

Donkey Claus

Doomzerk

Exorcise

Cute Dead

Fat Albert

Fat Man

Galaxian 2k

HozerQuest

Kabul

Karate Plus

Real Kong

Lunar Attack

Return of Mario Bros

MST 2600

Pac-Law

Pink Floyd

Rambo

Slot Inv

Steroid Pitfall

Suicide Adventure

Suicide Adventure II

Tanks Deluxe

Thx 1138

Venture II

Ventraa

War of the Worlds

X3V0LuX

Xaxyrax

Yellow Sub

Zero Patrol

plus a whole bunch of Space Invaders and Pac-Man hacks in their own sections. He also puts rare games and even unrealased prototype roms onto carts.

Is there a less shady person doing this kind of thing? I'd really like to be able to play some of the prototype games on my actual 2600 rather than via emulation. Besides the Atariage store are there other reputable dealers selling a lot of the homebrew games?

"Homeroyals":  

Skeleton!  

Besides the Atariage store are there other reputable dealers selling a lot of the homebrew games?

Again, thanks red for typing in the list. Skeleton+ is available from both AtariAge and Packrat Video Games, both which offer other homebrews as well.

Personally, I have not heard from Randy since before his website was taken down. I received from him SGaNBv2 and $5 cash in royalties and considered the matter closed. (Although I was happy to learn that he seemed to be continuing to sell SGaNBv2 since it is a must have for any Supercharger owner.)

If Randy had simply been giving away old stock, or even selling his personal collection, I might not have objected. But, to create a new catalog listing Skeleton!, I'm starting to get cranky.

It would be interesting to find out what Skeleton! is. It could be the original Skeleton (which Randy did have my permission to produce), the updated Skeleton+ (which Randy does not), or (I hate to suggest it) something completely different (e.g. an unauthorized hack).

In any case, my request/recommendation to all would be to restrict your dealings with Randy to SGaNBv2, until such time as he decides to formally reopen Hozer Video an clear the air of any confusion.

Archived