IGNORED

"Condition" in eBay Listings

sixersfan105

I know this comes up from time to time, but I got a particularly good chuckle out of this one. A guy is selling Star Wars: The Arcade Game CIB for Atari 8-bit. Condition listed is "Good," with the additional verbiage below Condition: "Definite wear and tear for this vintage program but considering it's age...fair to good condition."

So based on that logic, since something is "old," it's ok to list it in a better condition than it would otherwise be described as? Hilarious. Picture below of the back of the box - far from good. Here's the listing link, if interested:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-1983-in-ORIGINAL-BOX-CIB-Parker-Brothers-Atari-400-800-XL-XE/392151125318?hash=item5b4e074d46:g:ElMAAOSw0c9bn9g1:rk:9:pf:0

:?

post-47330-0-36059300-1542389929_thumb.jpg

Oh, no! Yeah, that box isn't even "Acceptable!" Am I wrong in thinking it's just better to throw away boxes in that kind of condition? No collector would want it, and people who just want to play the game aren't going to care about a moldy box either.

Yeah agreed. I would probably just throw the box away, too, in that condition. But now he can say it's CIB and at least attempt to get $55 plus shipping for it haha