IGNORED

Deep Scan 7800

AlecRob

Gyruss. We need gyruss, with Pokey music. :thumbsup:

It should use both Pokey as well as the XM's Yamaha YM2151.

I would like to to see the NES version of Gyruss ported to the 7800 and enhanced. I know some purists of the arcade version get in a huff over the NES version, but it definitely added things to the formula that made it such a delight to play. They should have called it Gyruss 2 as there was enough new content in that game to consider it a sequel, and it would have stopped purist fanboys from whining that it wasn't a faithful port of the arcade game.

What I do like about the NES version of the game is that you have to traverse the entire solar system and get to the Sun, and that there is a story of compelling you to complete your mission (I always have preferred games with objectives, and stories to reward the player for completing the objectives as opposed to just racking up points). Also I love that there are stage bosses since this adds new challenge. to the game, and break up the repetitivness.

Edited by Tidus79001

It should use both Pokey as well as the XM's Yamaha YM2151.

I would like to to see the NES version of Gyruss ported to the 7800 and enhanced. I know some purists of the arcade version get in a huff over the NES version, but it definitely added things to the formula that made it such a delight to play. They should have called it Gyruss 2 as there was enough new content in that game to consider it a sequel, and it would have stopped purist fanboys from whining that it wasn't a faithful port of the arcade game.

What I do like about the NES version of the game is that you have to traverse the entire solar system and get to the Sun, and that there is a story of compelling you to complete your mission (I always have preferred games with objectives, and stories to reward the player for completing the objectives as opposed to just racking up points). Also I love that there are stage bosses since this adds new challenge. to the game, and break up the repetitivness.

Eh, I'm not a purist but I don't like the NES version as well. Too easy, and it ends. I think we could combine them though. Take the best bits introduced in the NES one, add some atari specific stuff, and make it a high score affair and I'm down.

Eh, I'm not a purist but I don't like the NES version as well. Too easy, and it ends. I think we could combine them though. Take the best bits introduced in the NES one, add some atari specific stuff, and make it a high score affair and I'm down.

From my recollection the NES version does the same as the arcade and loops back to the beginning after you reach your final warp. I'm all for more enhancements to the game as long as we don't lose what was gained with the NES port.

From my recollection the NES version does the same as the arcade and loops back to the beginning after you reach your final warp. I'm all for more enhancements to the game as long as we don't lose what was gained with the NES port.

I liked the story, but a lot of the rotating space station/boss things kinda sucked, and the new music was nowhere near as good as the sped up Bach.

I'd be down with adding the story, some of the new enemies, and maybe some new bosses that were less generic, and keep the original music.