IGNORED

Price list showing original MSRP?

6BQ5

I was trying to remember the original MSRP's of the different ST, TT, and Falcon machines and could not come up with any solid numbers. Is there a list somewhere on the web that shows this? Google failed me. :(

I want to say I remember the various 520 ST models were $499 and the 1040 ST models were $799. Are those numbers right?

You do understand that prices werent fixed forever?

Atari broke the 1000$ for a computer with 1MB of RAM, but in end the STFM was being sold in Europe for less than £150...

So, youre looking for launch prices, average during lifetime or specific period/location?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was trying to remember the original MSRP's of the different ST, TT, and Falcon machines and could not come up with any solid numbers. Is there a list somewhere on the web that shows this? Google failed me. :(

I want to say I remember the various 520 ST models were $499 and the 1040 ST models were $799. Are those numbers right?

I remember the original 1040ST was priced in the US at $999, because Atari made a big deal how this was the first 1MB computer for under $1000. This price included a monochrome monitor I think, because you couldn't buy just the ST in the beginning. The original 520ST bundle was priced at $799 I think

I think later ST models were $499 or $399. After the STfm came out, you no longer required the specific monitor.