IGNORED

Preordered the new 8bitdo SEGA pad with dongle...

gorfcadet

Do you guys think it would be safe to use the bluetooth dongle with the 7800? I don't want to cook my ports or anything, so I thought I'd ask the folks who know about the guts of the system. Didn't know if the bluetooth would pull too much juice from the port. If it works, that would be awesome. My kids love to run in front of me when I'm recording footage or just trying to relax.

I'm planning on running it through my SEGA to 7800 adapter for 2 button game use.

Edited by gorfcadet
  • Like 2

This is the first I've heard of this product. How exactly would it work with the 7800? Admittedly, I know nothing about this product outside of a quick glance at the website, but it says it works for Windows, MacOS, Android, Steam, Nintendo Switch and Raspberry Pi. No reference to the original Sega Genesis hardware. Am I missing something?

This is the first I've heard of this product. How exactly would it work with the 7800? Admittedly, I know nothing about this product outside of a quick glance at the website, but it says it works for Windows, MacOS, Android, Steam, Nintendo Switch and Raspberry Pi. No reference to the original Sega Genesis hardware. Am I missing something?

There are probably multiple versions. I pre-ordered also. this is the one he's talking about https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HB1XFQW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

my plan is to use that and the edladdin adapter

Edited by rocketmonkey101

They sell it as a Bluetooth only controller and also with the dongle for original hardware like the 8bitdo SNES dongle. Im hoping this will be a go. Id like to program or rewire a controller with shoulder L/R buttons for use with Baby Pac-Man so the flippers will be in the right place. I know, Im a weirdo.

• Like 1