IGNORED

Super Huey Review

gorfcadet

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! I used to play this game a ton on my old Commodore 64, so I never bought it on 7800 back in the day. I figured why buy a game I already own. Many years later, I am glad I have this as it is really close to my memories of playing it on the old C64. Using a joystick is a lot tougher than having all the controls mapped to a keyboard though. I really think the ability to use one of the 2600's keyboard controllers like the programming pads, Star Raiders pads, or even the blue education pad thing would have helped. Heck, even using player two controller to navigate the hud would have helped.

Still fun to muck around with. :)

So anyone else have some good memories of Super Huey?

• Like 4

No, I think this game flys more like 'Baby Huey'. :rolling:

But that's because I'd rather play a sports game or Pong with myself, than a retro flight sim. blech!

I wouldn't turn my nose up at an Afterburner port! :)

Definitely not my type of game, but nice review. :)

Just curious—are there any 7800 games that use any of the Atari 2600 keypads? Might be cool to see a homebrew make use of one.

Thank you! Sims are an acquired taste for sure. :)

Yes spire of the ancients 7800.

Ohhh... I need to play this then!

• Like 1

I wouldn't turn my nose up at an Afterburner port! :)

Oh, don't get me wrong... neither would I! But that's an arcade flight game. I'm talking about those 1-2fps snooze fests with a million commands that require keyboard overlays. Very few old computer flight sims have held up well at all IMO. Just not into "games" that are more tedious than fun.

Wings is one that's still lots of fun to play - but unlike sooooo many other flight sims of its time (and damn there's a ton!), doesn't take itself so seriously. And again, it's got more of an arcade element to it than a true sim and that's its saving grace. :)

• Like 1