IGNORED

3d demo attached

lucienEn

Attached 3d demo. Use opt2 to toggle inventory, button a/b for action/strafe.

I didn't have any time to work on the 3d demo so far but I'll hope I'll have some time this summer to continue.

I've been thinking about the next thing to implement: collision detection. Right now I'm thinking about simplifying and you'll only be able to fire 1 projectile at a time... I could support more but it will slow down too much anyway. Also it won't be a fps anyway.

3d062003.zip

Quite impressive !

Since last demo it looks to me that you have improved speed and graphics. The new features like the transparent text, object interaction,... are well implemented and the strafing is an excellent addition.

Each time it seems you push Lynx limits farther!

Keep up with the good work :)

I've added it to the TAT Lynx 3D page.

Looking better all of the time! Although I would have thought holding down the button would make you spin faster instead of strafe... Nice to see more objects and polish in the "demo."  :D

Is that what most prefer? I had to make a choice between strafing and turning faster. I don't have any other close button available to do both.

Well, I say that because I've gotten used to what was already done. Why not just make the speed up mode the default??

Well if you're running then precision becomes an issue. For instance shooting. If you move 2x fast then it's hard to target.

Before I added acceleration but most didn't like it. I'll look into it again at a later stage.

I would prefer straifing. Because with straifing, you can turn one way while walking another. You can walk a circle around an object while shooting at it or whatever.

Though with speedup turning, you may be able to manuver faster, though less effectively. The only game I played that sped up when holding L or R was RaceFX on the old SNES, and I didn't much like the feature.

Archived