IGNORED

8-Bit Ethernet?

Tempest

I remember reading awhile back that someone had hooked up their 130XE to an ethernet connection so they could run a BBS, however they didnt mention how they did it. Does anyone know if there is an 8-bit ethernet adapter for the Atari and how you would use it to setup a telnetable (yes I made that word up!) BBS? I've searched the net, but came up empty.

Ok I found the thread, but it still doesnt explain how they did it: http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...2&highlight=bbs

Tempest

I remember reading awhile back that someone had hooked up their 130XE to an ethernet connection so they could run a BBS, however they didnt mention how they did it.  Does anyone know if there is an 8-bit ethernet adapter for the Atari and how you would use it to setup a telnetable (yes I made that word up!) BBS?  I've searched the net, but came up empty.

Ok I found the thread, but it still doesnt explain how they did it: http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...2&highlight=bbs

Tempest

Hi,

My Harddisk crashed this week no time to backup so lot's of sources and other things got lost. Or I must be lucky to restore some data....

Secondly I have a solution for ethernet on the 8-bit I showed it at error in line only now with this crash everything is delayed... need to setup the system again. Also my example programs where lost :sad: , that I wanted to post this week on a website....

My REAL BBS is crashed also... will be up soon... only then hopefully also on the internet (without use of a PC!) :D

Consider me yet another person who would like to know about any ethernet solutions for the 8bit.  :D

I hope to have it soon need to connect a new harddisk to my black-box again copy all my disks back and try to recover my old harddisk if possible... Maybe when I restore the partition table manually I can copy the partitions to the new harddisk... :|

Archived