IGNORED

MidSpace (Atari 2600)

atari2600land

Just a little bit of more tinkering. I noticed that since the letters "MID" were down a few notches, I thought I should move the letters "SPACE" up from the bottom of the screen. What made this possible was the fact that I noticed CXCLR was used once in the game loop already. I was clearing it twice. So I deleted all other instances of CXCLR and I had enough space then to move the letters SPACE up a little. And not only that, now I have 4 bytes to spare!

midspacetitle23.png.9b2d60bd2de062a8bc230f1f1f2945dc.png

midspace23a.zip

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New changes:

• fixed a bug in which flashing bar was displaying gold in b&w game.
  • changed the colors in the b&w game.

One thing I can't seem to change though, and I just noticed it, is the rocket. The dome is off-center. If you look at it closely, you'll see what I mean. But the game functions, and I can't seem to make it go away, so I'll just leave it. If you'd like to try to fix it, the assembly code is in the zip file.

midspace30.png.57bd6abb7d728981359af0c18f1f6d17.png

midspace30.zip

After hours and hours of trying, I finally centered the rocket's dome. Most of the time though was trying to make the missile lines not crooked. So if you see a crooked missile, let me know.

I think I also made the game harder in the process because the rocket is a little smaller than it used to be.

rocket31.png

midspace31.bin

Discovered a nasty bug where sometimes you die when you first start out. I assume this is due to the enemy missile being displayed when it's not supposed to be, and thus the rocket crashes into it because the enemy's y position was the same as yours when it first got on screen. I don't know if I totally fixed it, but it hasn't happened in the ten or so minutes I've been playing trying to get it to happen on my Atari 2600.

Also:

• fixed a bug pertaining to pressing reset and having the enemy flash on screen for a bit before changing to a different enemy.
  • Apparently I wasn't waiting long enough for the not pressing fire and having a new enemy come bug testing because that showed up. I hope I got rid of it again.

Also, FEEDBACK would be good. If this game sucks, tell me what I could do to make it better (and still keep it 2k.)

midspace34a.zip