IGNORED

What is the Falcon's killer app?

x=usr(1536)

This is a question I've been hung up on for, well, 25-plus years at this point - what is the Falcon's killer app?

I grew up with the 8-bit machines, moved on to the ST, and lusted after the Falcon at its introduction - but even if I could've afforded one, it was difficult to see what it offered beyond the STs that I already had.  More colours and faster, sure - but there never seemed to be anything that grabbed me enough to push me into buying one.

Help me out with this, Falcon owners.  I'm thinking of becoming one, but could use some help.

On 9/26/2019 at 12:10 AM, Christos said:

Ace tracker 

That is actually something I'd like to check out.  Not doing too much with mods these days, but I'm a sucker for slick trackers.

On 9/26/2019 at 4:23 AM, CyranoJ said:

Backward

Or I could just cram an 030 in one of my STs ?

45 minutes ago, themcal27 said:

Cubase Audio certainly was when Falcon was in production. nothing came close, though it was never as reliable as it should have been on a stock Falcon anyway

How does it compare to the ST version?  I haven't touched it in probably 20 years, but remember it being pretty decent on the ST.

• Like 1

For midi the Falcon version was identical to later versions of ST Cubase, however it has 8 tracks of Audio recording builtin and due to the SCSI limitations of the Falcon (bad design essentially), this was sometimes blessed with crashes and weirdness like no waveform appearing. The ST had a version of Cubase Audio too, but it needed the expensive Yamaha CBX External Recorders to function..and it was pretty flaky too by all accounts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...