IGNORED

PlusCart (an inexpensive DIY WiFi multicart)

Al_Nafuur

16 minutes ago, Prizrak said:

For some reason I can access roms past a certain point, just downloaded the new firmware it notified me of. I was looking for tutankham, I also looked at games by alphabet and it's cut off at like 5 company names.

I also noticed this yesterday in my ROMS, especially in folders several deep. The folder structure would show up, but the folders empty. 

2 hours ago, MarcoJ said:

I also noticed this yesterday in my ROMS, especially in folders several deep. The folder structure would show up, but the folders empty. 

1 hour ago, Prizrak said:

I checked via my nextcloud app freaking out that I'd have to fix whatever happened to the folder structure.

The folders are (most probably) alright. But even if the server is responding with a not chunked HTTP/1.1 response, every hub between the server and the client might chunk the response, because a HTTP/1.1 client is supposed  to parse a chunked response.

That's why v2.3.20 is only a workaround. We need the server to response with a HTTP/1.0 response to a 1.0 request, or we have to be able to parse a much more complicated 1.1 response.

😞 In my experience, this is an understatement:

ChatGPT can make mistakes. Consider checking important information

Even for such "simple" things like parsing a chunked http response in C you can't really use ChatGPT:

https://chat.openai.com/share/8b50e31f-e341-4386-b9e3-7eedecb8c91b

You really have to know your stuff and what to look for to get a good result from ChatGPT. In the end you will invest more time than with doing your research and your code yourself..

10 hours ago, Prizrak said:

For some reason I can access roms past a certain point, just downloaded the new firmware it notified me of. I was looking for tutankham, I also looked at games by alphabet and it's cut off at like 5 company names.

20240423_095718.jpg

Is there a empty first row on the first page?

10 minutes ago, Capellão said:

@Al_Nafuur

Would it be possible to enable updating firmware versions by adding the new version "firmware.bin" within the "My ROMs" directory? This way you could update the cartridges without the need for the STM32CubeProgrammer.

🤔 this look like a good idea.

Some of the Brazilian PlusCart Duo users have used the static firmware update on the temporary message page. For devices that are not on the firmware beta tester group this will result in flashing the latest (v2.3.17) PlusCart firmware. By doing this these users have lost their SD-Card support. Uploading and flashing the PlusCart Duo firmware via their "My ROMs" folder would be an easy way to get back the SD-Card support.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2024 at 2:37 PM, Al_Nafuur said:

Everyone else who knows how to flash the PlusCart with STM32CubeProgrammer can test too.

I flashed my plus cart with 2.3.18 and it works well with the non-elf banking schemes. The elf based ones are coming back with an error. I think it may download a little different than the other schemes and could require a similar workaround too?

2 hours ago, ZackAttack said:

I flashed my plus cart with 2.3.18 and it works well with the non-elf banking schemes.

The PlusCart you updated is in the beta tester group. You should see an update option in the menu to "v2.3.20". Can you try if it works.

The elf based ones are coming back with an error. I think it may download a little different than the other schemes and could require a similar workaround too?

Which ELF files did you tested?

The elf based ones are coming back with an error.

I have found this also. Between some of us there is a shared folder on the PlusStore called "ELF Tests" which have a "Failed rom download" message on several of them. 

1 hour ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Which ELF files did you tested?

It seems to be the larger ones that run into a problem. The smaller elf test files work ok.

I shared my WIP folder with you. There are 3 files ranging from 46KB to 86KB in it that all return "ROM Download Failed"

2 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

You should see an update option in the menu to "v2.3.20". Can you try if it works.

I tried the WIFI update a few times and each time it reports software download failed.

On 4/25/2024 at 2:08 AM, ZackAttack said:

I tried the WIFI update a few times and each time it reports software download failed.

I have just uploaded a new beta firmware (v2.3.21).

This version should fix the loading of file lists greater than 2 pages.

@MarcoJ, @ZackAttack  @Prizrak and all other beta testers. If you have extra files and folders apart from the "My ROMs" folder in your root directory, then the firmware update will most likely fail.

You will have to move the files to your "My ROMs" folder or disconnect (toggle status to not confirmed) your PlusCart from your PlusStore account temporarily for the update to work.

https://plusstore.firmaplus.de/index.php/apps/pluscart/

image.thumb.png.223e33082ac9e4d2f1afd192bfdcb028.png

25 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

You will have to move the files to your "My ROMs" folder or disconnect (toggle status to not confirmed) your PlusCart from your PlusStore account temporarily for the update to work.

I'm presuming only PlusCarts post 2.3.18 will work like this? I have one back at 2.3.15 which won't update even with the Status toggled to "No". Will I need to USB upgrade that one first?

5 minutes ago, MarcoJ said:

I'm presuming only PlusCarts post 2.3.18 will work like this? I have one back at 2.3.15 which won't update even with the Status toggled to "No". Will I need to USB upgrade that one first?

That is worrying, v2.3.15 should work. With v2.3.15 you should get the "PlusStore Down" message with the update option. I can see in the logs that your PlusCart is requesting all parts of the firmware, but it doesn't come back with v2.3.21 then.

1 hour ago, Al_Nafuur said:

That is worrying, v2.3.15 should work. With v2.3.15 you should get the "PlusStore Down" message with the update option. I can see in the logs that your PlusCart is requesting all parts of the firmware, but it doesn't come back with v2.3.21 then.

With 2.3.15 i do see the PlusStore down message. But on 2.3.18 I don't see an option to upgrade to newer versions. I am considering removing all the files off my main page and place them in "my roms" instead, but this will break many share folders.

14 minutes ago, MarcoJ said:

With 2.3.15 i do see the PlusStore down message. But on 2.3.18 I don't see an option to upgrade to newer versions. I am considering removing all the files off my main page and place them in "my roms" instead, but this will break many share folders.

The v2.3.18 you are using is PlusStore Nr. #1286 and was not in the beta test group. I have just added it.

2 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I have just uploaded a new beta firmware (v2.3.21).

This version should fix the loading of file lists greater than 2 pages.

@MarcoJ, @ZackAttack  @Prizrak and all other beta testers. If you have extra files and folders apart from the "My ROMs" folder in your root directory, then the firmware update will most likely fail.

https://plusstore.firmaplus.de/index.php/apps/pluscart/

image.thumb.png.223e33082ac9e4d2f1afd192bfdcb028.png

Which repository is the new firmware file in?

2 minutes ago, Capellão said:
Which repository is the new firmware file in?

This version is beta and not release or pushed to the repository.

As far as I can see from the logs no beta tester devices (except for my devices) have been able to update via the PlusStore.

32 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

The v2.3.18 you are using is PlusStore Nr. #1286 and was not in the beta test group. I have just added it.

OK, that gave the ability to download the update. Initially I tried it with the PlusCart being connected to the PlusStore, and it failed as expected. I then toggled to make it not connected and rebooted the pluscart. However, when downloading the wifi update this time, it also failed.

4 minutes ago, MarcoJ said:

I then toggled to make it not connected

Something interesting and unexpected. Even with PlusStore disconnected, I am still able to get to play roms I was playing through the "Recent roms" folder. I would expect this would be locked out.

1 hour ago, MarcoJ said:

OK, that gave the ability to download the update. Initially I tried it with the PlusCart being connected to the PlusStore, and it failed as expected. I then toggled to make it not connected and rebooted the pluscart. However, when downloading the wifi update this time, it also failed.

Can you dump the RAM after a failed WiFi Update?

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MarcoJ said:

PM sent

The parts of the RAM that have been loaded look OK (some parts have been overwritten by the menu), but there are some requests missing.

There should be 5 requests to the API

Request		Size		firmware.bin		target		target-address
1.		16K		$00000-$03FFF		buffer		$00000-$03FFF
2.		32K		$08000-$0AFFF		buffer		$04000-$0BFFF
3.		32K		$10000-$17FFF		buffer		$0C000-$13FFF
4.		16K		$18000-$1BFFF		buffer		$14000-$17FFF
5.		~5K		$1C000-$1D543		CCM-RAM		$00000-$01543

But all failed updates only have requested 3 of them (1., 2. and 5.) 3. and 4. are missing in the logs and in RAM too..

• Confused 1