IGNORED

Donkey Kong sounds thru my head

BigThunder660

Has anyone ever wanted to throw a Donkey Kong cart thru the wall ? That annoying sound I still hear over and over I managed to rack up a Highscore of 65,000 pts after playing it all day and That miserable sound is still haunting me. Do others out there have any more games that are like this that you can't stand.

Greg Big Thunder660

Has anyone ever wanted to throw a Donkey Kong cart thru the wall ?  That annoying sound I still hear over and over... [snip]... That miserable sound is still haunting me.

This probably explains how modern-day TV manufacturers were inspired to invent the mute button :D

They probably saved a few hundered Donkey Kong carts from meeting a horrible doom in the process... which might not be a good thing after all... :ponder:

This probably explains how modern-day TV manufacturers were inspired to invent the mute button   :D

Actually, credit for that should go to an obscure issue of Mad magazine where they showed (if not in such schematical detail) how to install a speaker mute switch to your television that at the time could be useful for switching off the sound of annoying commercials.

Did the 2600 version have the bass riff from the ballard of John and Yoko ?

Forgive the lateness of my reply...

The 2600 version didn't have any background music. You had to start the game, btw, by pushing the button and making Mario jump like David Lee Roth...

The music in the arcade game sounds to me, btw, closer to "All Shook Up" by Elvis than "The Balla[r]d of John and Yoko."

That "ping ping ping" sound from 2600 Pac-Man when you eat the dots is pretty annoying, too.

What's worse is sometimes hearing sounds from Pac-Man in commercials and television shows. We will never be able to escape those sounds. 100 years from now those sounds will *still* be used when videogame sound effects are needed, although there will be no one left to remember where they originated from. :)

..Al

by pushing the button and making Mario jump like David Lee Roth...

haw haw LOL "I might as well JUMP"

What's worse is sometimes hearing sounds from Pac-Man in commercials and television shows.  We will never be able to escape those sounds

yeah, thats pretty funny, like when theres some kid playin with a playstation

or a N64 and it's making 2600 Pac-Man sounds, that cracks me up

What's worse is sometimes hearing sounds from Pac-Man in commercials and television shows. We will never be able to escape those sounds. 100 years from now those sounds will *still* be used when videogame sound effects are needed

LOL... was watching "Better Off Dead" last night and there was a scene where they are in a supermarket. The distinctive sound of arcade Pac-Man is heard loud and clear but as they are walking out the store, the only game visible was a Punch Out game.

Mendon

Boy, am I glad I can't hear for shit.

I never bothered to pick up the sounds of games.

Super Mario Bros 2 theme music is stuck in my head sometimes though. That's a whole 'nother thread though.

Archived