IGNORED

If ELVIS is the King of

BigThunder660

If ELVIS is the KING of Rock Who would be the KING of Video Games? Maybe we should take a poll because there is such an amount of players out there that have accumilated and accomplished so many great things that I think it would be hard to actually suggest one player. I have now devoted some of my time to looking into whos names do pop up over and over again after one of my previous posts and there are a number of players whos names DO appear more then others. So how would we concider to do a poll for the Nominal Title of The Video Game KING.

Greg Big Thunder660

Why would it be a can of worms ? I really think its a viable suggestion and there a loads of players out there that can voice their opinions on WHO really would be the KING of Video Games. There obviously is something im missing in the past for you to make a responce like above again why is it a can of Worms are there players out there that feel ILL about one being better then another ?

Greg BigThunder660

You're essentially asking a bunch of video game fanatics to decide which one of us is best. It's a rational idea for you to have, however I think that most of the responses would be somewhere along the line of moycon's example.

This sort of debate has gone on before, do a seach for any Todd Rogers thread. There are also Digital Press competitions to determine the best game players so I'm satified with their results.

I see this as a pointless thread because no one can ever be considered the king of video games.

There are simply too many hard working developers out there that deserve way more attention than collectors.

I think of collecting games as an art form because you're collecting something that it took someone many hours to program and de-bug. Even if it was a poor game, at least they put the effort into it. Think of it this way: If you're a music collector, you'll accept that your favorite artists don't always put out stuff worth listening to. However, you recognize the effort and pick up the releases anyway.

As a collector, you can find good things about the stuff you collect that other people can't find.

Again, the developers deserve more kudos in my opinion.

Well, if we use your analogy of Elvis being the KING, you would have to nominate someone like Warren Robinett.

Elvis was the KING because he brought a style of music, i.e. Rockabilly, to the mainstream. He did everything almost perfectly to accomplish this from creation to marketing to finished product.

Warren Robinett could be nominated as KING because he did the same thing for video games. By creating Adventure in almost impossible circumstances at the time, and it being one of the all time best sellers, would get him a nomination.

Now if your looking for Champion of the World of Video Games!! That's something entirely different. :ponder:

I'd have to nominate moycon....but that's only because I'm a conformist. :P

Well, if we use your analogy of Elvis being the KING, you would have to nominate someone like Warren Robinett.

Elvis was the KING because he brought a style of music, i.e. Rockabilly, to the mainstream.  He did everything almost perfectly to accomplish this from creation to marketing to finished product.

Warren Robinett could be nominated as KING because he did the same thing for video games.  By creating Adventure in almost impossible circumstances at the time, and it being one of the all time best sellers, would get him a nomination.

I was gonna nominate the Bushnell.

Surely when one creates a kingdom, they get to be the king, right?

Now if your looking for Champion of the World of Video Games!!  That's something entirely different. :ponder:  

I'd have to nominate moycon....but that's only because I'm a conformist.  :P

But moycon nominated me. :)

Todd Rogers is THE KING, no question.

Although I can personally attest to "Beating the Champ" at a few games, my personal accomplishments don't nearly add up to the incredible volume of Todd's accomplishments.

I find his scores inspiring, some of which I believe will never be broken. Tied maybe, but broken, forget it :)

My friends call me the king of indoor games since I always seem to beat them whenever we play Atari, table hockey, ping-pong, pool, etc. I appreciate that but when it comes to Atari and other video games from the era, Todd Rogers is the best overall.

Another great player I know is David Yancey. His scores are incredible too! We have a Sky Jinks battle going on at the moment. The ball is in his court now :thumbsup:

Doug

Archived