IGNORED

Venture Reloaded

Omegamatrix

1 hour ago, Zoyx said:

Did Atari work out a licensing deal?

I found this going down a rabbit hole on Exidy Games  and such   

"Venture was popular enough that Atari re-released the game in the late 80's after acquiring the rights from Coleco when they exited the market."

https://www.atariprotos.com/2600/software/venture/venture.htm#:~:text=The simple graphics and fun,when they exited the market.

Don't know how reliable the source is but it does makes sense,  Atari Age pulls the game,  then works out a deal with the home brew developer and then is able to put it back up for sale.    Could be one possible scenario. 

but anywho  it's such a great version.  Glad to see it back up.   my only nitpick is I wish they left the original 2600 sound of when the Hall Ghost monsters enter the room, ala Evil Otto mode.   It was more menacing. 

Edited by BillDMatt

On 10/17/2024 at 5:33 PM, Shannon said:

In my mind.. this is the definitive console version.  I think there may be one other out there that is good as well.  But I wasted many of a quarter on the arcade version and this one is fantastic!

You could be thinking of the ColecoVision port, that one was solid, but I think I have to agree with you Venture Reloaded could be the best home console port.