IGNORED

Flea Market Roadtrip

black dog

This weekend I hit the road in search of all things Atari. And the depressing numbers are in:

Flea Markets visited- 5

Miles traveled- 267

Atari items found- One guy with 5or 6 common carts

One big waste of time.I did however come across some jackass trying to sell Sega Genesis games for $20.00 each.

Yea ... been there, done that. It does suck. Still, you never know when you'll stumble across that rare gem that you've been searching for. Keep up the hunt; just stay away from those Eastern Pennsylvania fleas! :P

There's one flea market with Atari stuff up here but all they have is a 5200 with commons and a 2600 without games....not much else.

Everyone's overpricing Genny and SNES carts.

The woman that sells Atari stuff is actually offering it cheaper than EBay in some cases.

our fleas here in jacksonville are pretty dry also.

Ditto on Tallahassee... Though many of the newer systems games are incredibly easy to get cheap games for. Especially around the time FSU and FAMU start classes and everyone is trying to buy books and such...

that siad there are a few booths in Jax that have games. The one I help run (Sold a 2600 last week! Commons to Rarity 4 in the carts.) on beach and a loser out at Pecan Park that gouges the hell outta every one on every system. The collectors avoid him like the plague. Ramona is feast or famine.

Beyond that it is trading with the local collectors or nothing. In fact I passed along Frogger and Q*bert for the intelly last weekend.

yah but the guys at the flea market on beach dont wanna break any good stuff out. thats why i dont go out there. The games im looking for a higher rarity. im heading daytona and st augustine this weekend. Maybe ill get some there(games that is)

Rob

I've strictly been buying through eBay since I don't have to worry about traveling. I've always wondered if it would be fruitful to hit flea markets. Where would you say you have the best luck finding things Atari, Flea markets, thrift stores, or yard sales???

In the good old midwest I hit up yard sales looking for games every week and I have alot of times where I cant find a thing. So flee markets are best for me everyone in one place and I dont have to drive around so much but i still have the same luck. Nothing :( . This one guy at a flee market by me had a whole box of new Gatefold Air Sea Battle not in shrink sitting in the sun i got 3 from him a year ago that were mint. The funny thing is he still has 20 or so and now they have got wet and the sun turned the red box pink :D . And he still wants $10 each :?

I've been having some pretty decent luck lately.. the thrifts have yielded some +3's and commons I don't have..

I know a dud operates a vintage console booth at the super flea.. but they're only open on the weekends.. And I'm usually working at that time..

but thatnks to some changes going on here on the home front.. its starting to look more promising to get out there before my sunday shifts.

I also have some vintage store owners on the look out for me.. so I check in about once a month.

a great deal of my collection has come from the garbage men, bums picking trash.. and apartment manager buddies that have to pick thru leftover trash from abandoned apartments.

theres something to be said about dumpster diving.. especially if you can get some one else to do it for you :D

Well went flea market searching again this weekend to much dissapointment!! I wish i collected Nintendo games because i seen about 500 of them. So for all you Floridians St.augustine and Daytona are dry if you are looking for atari games or systems!! But any Nintendo collectors could possibly find a gold mine!! Oh well seach continues i guess... :_(

theres something to be said about dumpster diving.. especially if you can get some one else to do it for you :D

I did it myself when I was younger. It's how I found most of my 2600 carts and other video game goodies.

Archived