IGNORED

Demond Attack glitches!

Lost Monkey

This afternoon, around 5:00PM, I went down to my basement to get a file off of an old 386 I have and thought I would play a quick game of Demond Attack while I was waiting for it to boot up...

Demond Attack is a pirate cart of none other than Demon Attack..

I noticed in the first few levels that the bug that causes the demons not to move down to attack once the first row is destroyed happened on nearly every level...

When I got to the 5th level I was paying more attention to how the grafx were done (the white flash when you die, the missile turning black) so I got killed about 3-4 times in succession very quickly. I put the controller down and went to shut off the 2600.. but before I did, I noticed that the lowest pair of demons were firing but not moving over the few pixels they needed to in order to hit me. So I picked up the floppy disc I had gone downstairs for and went up to my office, thinking I would check back and see what the game was doing in a half hour or so...

I forgot about it for the last 7 hours...

I just went downstairs to do some programming and I found the VCS still sitting there chugging out the Demond Attack sound effects with the vicious demons still spewing their hated seed at me, just far enough away never to touch me. 7 hours and still going... Obviously this would continue ad infinitum, so I am going to shut it down now...

Has anyone else encountered this bug or one like it in other Atari games?

edit: I guess the biggest bug in this version is the complete lack of any sort of attack by Demond...

post-697-1057723447_thumb.jpg

I went back to check it out and found that on the "Novice" setting, the demons are not too aggressive.. you can start a game and have it last almost indefinitely as long as you do not move or shoot... ;) The demons will just hover off to the right or left of your ship waiting for you to do something.

They could have called it "Demond Counter Attack"...

I noticed in the first few levels that the bug that causes the demons not to move down to attack once the first row is destroyed happened on nearly every level...

This is actually a bug in the original Imagic version of Demon Attack. Shoot the middle demon and then the bottom one. The top one will never come down.

Tempest

maybe those evil demons aren't really as bad as they are made to be... maybe they are pacificsts, but once you start shooting at them they just start defending themselves....

Geez, now I feel bad... :_(

Perhaps YOU'RE the Demon in Demon Attack?

• 1 month later...
I went back to check it out and found that on the "Novice" setting' date=' the demons are not too aggressive.. you can start a game and have it last almost indefinitely as long as you do not move or shoot... ;) The demons will just hover off to the right or left of your ship waiting for you to [i']do something[/i].

They could have called it "Demond Counter Attack"...

Hmmm.. maybe this isn't a bug but rather the intended behaviour of the novice level? :?

Hmmm.. maybe this isn't a bug but rather the intended behaviour of the novice level? :?

Perhaps' date=' but it seems that the Demons are just too [i']laissez-faire[/i].

Under normal circumstances you would just pick up the controller and start firing away... making it easy not to notice this feature. From personal experience, I have been playing Demon Attack since the early 80's and have had several marathons trying to get the screen to go blank (before I realized that the game only "ends" on certain cartridges - and not on others). ;)

The only reason I noticed this "feature" now was because I was studying how RF made the player's ship explosion sequence - so I let go of the controller hoping to see a few explosions in a row... but they didn't happen... :!:

Archived