IGNORED

I dont own a woody

VidGameKing

I grew up with a 2600jr. and I never knew the joys of having wood... but I was thinking, I just got done fitting my new Sony Wega tv into an old television cabinet so it looks all old, but it's really new, but I was thinking a 2600 six switch would look mighty fine being prominetly displayed on top of the cabinet.whta do you guys think?

This just reminds me why "woody" is a bad abbreviation for a woodgrain 2600.  You either think of something phallic, or a smarmy movie producer.

That's just you thinking that fella! :D On AA, I always assume "woody" refers to the VCS.

wow that woody gave me wood... well no, actually it didn't but the cool web page with lots of beautifull women did! but none of you guys really want to know that... except for some of you fruitloops out there you liked me saying that didn't you! there only one thing I want to say to you guys! I hope I find the rare cart before you do! muah ha ha ha ha ha ha, okay I'm going to go take my rittalin now...

My wife put the ixnay on having Atari stuff outside of my game room, actually the Man Room as we call it, yes she actually calls it that too. I say go for it. Make sure you get some woodgrain modular cart holders with some choice games up there too.

So how did you go about fitting this into an old TV cabinet? Did you have to hack your Sony TV up? We want pictures!

My wife put the ixnay on having Atari stuff outside of my game room, actually the Man Room as we call it, yes she actually calls it that too.  

lol we call it the "He-man room" from the Little Rascal's "He-man Women's Hater Club"

:ponder:

okay I work on pics tonight, but it wasn't hard, I had to take the sony apart and design a mounting bracket that would support the tube in my wood cab. and then I got a new piece of 1/4 particle board for the rear of the cab to replace the old one with all the old hook-ups on it, and I had to engineer the new one to fit up with the conections from the back of the sony. also I had to make a stand for the main tunner board thingy that was on the bottom of the sony that everything pluged into. The nice thing about the cab I chose is that the area where the TV controlls go is hidden by a flip door, so I was able to design a nice peice of plexiglass to mount the channel buttons, power, and such. the worst part is the little hole I had to drill to place the infared receiver so I can use the remote controll. all in all I think the hardest part was making a shrowed for the tube's front that looked like it was supposed to be there, and not some hack job. but all in all it worked well. I actually had to end up buying two Sony TVs because I jacked up the tube when I was working on a mount it was a costly mistake, but after that I was able to mess with the tube for sizing without having to be too carefull! come to think of it I should have documented the whole ordeal and placed it on my website, but alas, I was too eager to get the project done, because it was somthing i've wanted to do for a long time.

lol we call it the "He-man room" from the Little Rascal's "He-man Women's Hater Club"

Hehe, yeah it's good to have a woman that will humor you.

@VidGameKing, That sounds awesome. Too bad about the first picture tube. I look forward to the photos.

yeah the cab I have was from the 70's it's pretty cool, it was a Philips TV it was color with a little black paper speaker for mono sound, but I fixed that, I threw in some sony X-plode speakers that matched the same impeadance wattage and such as the stock speakers from the sony, reason being, I want to have that crisp new TV sound, for longer than what cheap stock speakers ever do. i figured I was souping it up anyways why not go the whole bit! it's not that I'm actually going to use the stock speakers, I have a nice little surround system system that makes sound as awsome as it can be, you've never heard asteroids till youve heard it in 7.1 surround sound! but this cab. TV actually sets itself next to my screen area for my projector. asteroids is even better when viewed on a 8 1/2 foot diaganal screen. I think I'm going to create a "classic cornner" in my living room area that has like classic gamming posters and little toys on the ground from that time period too, and the great centerpeice being a 2600 woody on a cab. TV, and have people come over and see it and play it if they want to. yeah, that sounds cool, I'm going to do that.

Archived