IGNORED

Where was the Lynx made?

Brian R.

Wondering if any of you Lynx experts can tell me if the below statement is true or not:

The Lynx (I) that was manufactured in Japan had an 8-way directional D-pad. Some Lynx (I)'s had a regular + D-pad. I was told by the source who sold the Lynx to me that the 8-way D-pad Lynx (I)'s were only made in Japan.

While I've always known of the difference between the Lynx I and II, I didn't know there was a difference in where they were made. Also, I own a Lynx II, so I'm not very familiar with the Lynx I and its variations, if any.

Wondering if any of you Lynx experts can tell me if the below statement is true or not:

The Lynx (I) that was manufactured in Japan had an 8-way directional D-pad. Some Lynx (I)'s had a regular + D-pad. I was told by the source who sold the Lynx to me that the 8-way D-pad Lynx (I)'s were only made in Japan.

While I've always known of the difference between the Lynx I and II, I didn't know there was a difference in where they were made. Also, I own a Lynx II, so I'm not very familiar with the Lynx I and its variations, if any.

Wouldn't call myself an expert but this correlates positively with my observations over the years. The Lynx I with cross-shaped D-pad and Lynx II were made in Taiwan. Also, the Japanese-made Lynxes were painted plastic whereas later models were moulded in plastic of the final colour.

See this thread for more detail:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...?t=29855(scroll down to my post which shows a photo of the inside of a Lynx I)

also,there were two models of lynx one made and i have one of each of

these.one has grey buttons and the other has black buttons.they both are

a little different in the electronics department too.to open them up and do

a looksee does not show any difference in them though.they are different

though.codes work on the grey button model that the black button will not

accept.this is the one true difference i've found in them.--the ultimate atari

lynxer

it is true that the lynx one units were made in japan by atari japan.they

did have an 8 way joypad(the lynx two units do too)on them.

the lynx two units were made in taiwan,as i remember.

i hope this helps you some.--the ultimate atari lynxer

I've never seen a Lynx II with full 8-way pad. Have you got a picture of one?

Archived