IGNORED

Pong Wallet, Upcycled

R. Jones

I liked the idea of an Atari cartridge wallet, and the mint tin that I've been using for a few years is pretty beaten up.

I peeled the label off a dead Video Olympics cartridge, opened it up, and took out the board and spring. I snipped out most of the interior plastic to make room for cards. I kept the cartridge protector and glued it into place, which make the whole thing look more like a real cart when closed. 

The interior surfaces were pretty scuffed up by this point, so I thought about covering them with something. I played with a few ideas like Video Olympics' over-the-top official artwork or some black foam/felt. Then I saw someone throwing out a keyboard, and asked if I could have it to pull out the key circuit. I attached a hinge to the top side, and it felt nearly done, but somewhat naked with the blank label area.

I did a tribute label to Video Olympics kind of poking fun at the fact that yeah it is 50 games, but they're all kinda Pong.

I'll probably tinker with this some more, but I'm mostly done. It's not something I'm planning to make more of, but still thought some folks might appreciate it.

0114201628_2.jpg

0114201626_2.jpg

0114201625_2.jpg

• Like 5