IGNORED

UAV Rev D modded 7800 Rev B issues

at5200forever

22 minutes ago, Joerice1978 said:

Well darn.  Tks guys.  Must be something else wrong with mine then. The rf pic is good no distortion.   Could I be using to small of a guage of wire? I'm using 28 

Nope, that's not it. I use 28 gauge wire for all my own mods without a problem. Either there's something incorrect about your wiring/connections, or you have a defective UAV.

1 hour ago, Joerice1978 said:

Well darn.  Tks guys.  Must be something else wrong with mine then. The rf pic is good no distortion.   Could I be using to small of a guage of wire? I'm using 28 

The pic you asked about with the orange wires? That is 30ga kynar in that pic. I don't use it as much as it can break easily since it is solid core wire. I still sometimes use solid core for the signal taps to the UAV but always use stranded from the UAV to the AV jacks. 

Point is, the gauge of the wire you are using wouldn't be the issue.

On 2/20/2021 at 4:19 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

The pic you asked about with the orange wires? That is 30ga kynar in that pic. I don't use it as much as it can break easily since it is solid core wire. I still sometimes use solid core for the signal taps to the UAV but always use stranded from the UAV to the AV jacks. 

Point is, the gauge of the wire you are using wouldn't be the issue.

Alright I got that out the way.  I had one wire in the wrong spots.  Opps.  Pic looks great.  I tried the s video and pic is black and white.   Disconnected chroma and no affect.  Since it carries the color right? I tested and the soldering for continuity and it registered.   Bad s video outlet? Any suggestions?

You have both the maria color connected to the Col in near the AV section of the board and the TIA connected to TCol on the UAV right? Does composite give you a color image?

To test if the s-video jack is bad, just see if you get continuity from the chroma out off the UAV to the end of your s-video cable where you plug into your TV/Scaler...etc.

If you aren't getting color on either composite or s-vid and your sure everything is wired up where it needs to go, then you could possibly have a bad UAV. I had one that did the same but I was able to fix it by using my solder iron and touching all the pins off each IC. Only found out that was the issue because I could press on the UAV while I had it in my hand and get color to come in and out. It isn't common to get a bad UAV but it can happen. I've had at least 3 over the past 4 years now I've been installing them into systems. 2 of them I was able to repair one of them I've not been able to.

19 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

You have both the maria color connected to the Col in near the AV section of the board and the TIA connected to TCol on the UAV right? Does composite give you a color image?

To test if the s-video jack is bad, just see if you get continuity from the chroma out off the UAV to the end of your s-video cable where you plug into your TV/Scaler...etc.

If you aren't getting color on either composite or s-vid and your sure everything is wired up where it needs to go, then you could possibly have a bad UAV. I had one that did the same but I was able to fix it by using my solder iron and touching all the pins off each IC. Only found out that was the issue because I could press on the UAV while I had it in my hand and get color to come in and out. It isn't common to get a bad UAV but it can happen. I've had at least 3 over the past 4 years now I've been installing them into systems. 2 of them I was able to repair one of them I've not been able to.

The composite has color.  Gonna run  a few

more test