IGNORED

Season 9 ~ Paper Medal Knockout Tourney

Vocelli

59 minutes ago, Mister-VCS said:

I had the best PC-score in my life (more than 104,000 points), but failed to reach the next round in the paper-contest?

The same happened to Tempest with more than 81,000 points - something is wrong with the rules here in ths HSC.

I tripled my lifetime PB on Kaboom during Week 7, spent about 20 hours playing over and over to do it, and didn't even get into the top 10, much less the top 4. A lifetime best for me after playing the game since 1982 (almost 40 years) wasn't even 1% of the score that the top player could get with two broken hands playing a bad game for his skill level. Isn't all of this, however, kind of the inherent nature of a "contest"?

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Mister-VCS said:

I had the best PC-score in my life (more than 104,000 points), but failed to reach the next round in the paper-contest?

The same happened to Tempest with more than 81,000 points - something is wrong with the rules here in ths HSC.

The top four scores were so outrageously high I stopped trying.  Kudos to them, but if they were able to totally dominate a game like that how on earth did they end up in the paper bracket in the first place?  

4 hours ago, Tempest said:

The top four scores were so outrageously high I stopped trying.  Kudos to them, but if they were able to totally dominate a game like that how on earth did they end up in the paper bracket in the first place?  

I wonder the same about those who got more than 3,800 on Kaboom, something I haven't been able to be remotely close to doing even after 40 years of trying ... and 5 of them are currently alive in the paper bracket, 1 of them already eliminated from the paper bracket, and another who may very well end up in the paper bracket after this week. Looks like there are bunch of rockstars in the paper bracket, some of which were sent there by casual players (underdogs, if you will). I'd be there already if Kaboom were one of the games chosen for my bracket.

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Tempest said:

Just because someone is good at one game, does not mean they are good at all of them. Speaking from my personal experience, I'm absolutely horrible at quite a few carts but seem to pick up on others fairly easily....I got extremely lucky that I had almost a full week off of work, and that I had a lot of extra time to put in the time to practice this week(my PB was only just above 70K before the start of this round).

If they would have picked any other cart (except Centipede), I guarantee I probably would have placed in the bottom 4....I got lucky on the pick this week I will admit that 100%, but I also honestly fail to see how just because myself or someone else that has had a great score on one cart, on one week, how they shouldn't be in the Paper Bracket or how the "rules are unfair" as implied by Mister-VCS?....I fully agree with what ZilchSr said previously about "isn't this inherent nature of a 'contest'" after all? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Pat Larocque said:

Just because someone is good at one game, does not mean they are good at all of them. Speaking from my personal experience, I'm absolutely horrible at quite a few carts but seem to pick up on others fairly easily....I got extremely lucky that I had almost a full week off of work, and that I had a lot of extra time to put in the time to practice this week(my PB was only just above 70K before the start of this round).

I suppose you're right.  I had a pretty high score in Frontline.  I've always been ok at PC but not amazing.  There are some games that could dominate if we played (I think anyway).

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tempest said:

Because I suck at Solar Fox ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Tempest said:

Well, something to keep in mind with the paper bracket-

As people "drop down" to the paper bracket via elimination in a Medal round, the bracket gets harder and harder each week, "higher ranked" players are filtering down, with the extra motivation of having suffered a loss.

I actually think on account of that, that the Paper is as hard to win as any other bracket, if not tougher.

• Like 6

Seeing as my first score didn't make it to the scoreboard, I played again and ( I love this saying.. Thanks Rogerpoco)

I NINE LINED IT! Again

Had a good start with 726K for the first Pig, the score really piles up when the bricks hit the max score of 400pts a piece

OINK! : ROLLAGE! ( 999,999 )

9lined.thumb.JPG.aa8450e747e0724ac61844551f4c55e4.JPG

Edited by nads
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1