IGNORED

Let's take a trip to the creative side of your brain...

ApolloBoy

The funny thing is that the "kicks" pronounciation didn't even occur to me until seeing it there.  As a kid, everyone that I've known called the game "quicks".  I guess the mentatility was that since it began with Q and not K, it must have the "kw" sound (as most common words beginning with Q do).

As the author of a Q-game myself, I have always thought of "Qix" pronounced kwicks. And Q by itself is NOT always K - for example, QANTAS is pronounced kwantas. I will leave it to you to figure out how to pronounce "Qb" :)

Qix

In this game you played a dot attempting create boxes while avoiding an evil line. It was pretty abstract. The major controversy surrounding Qix was of course the proper pronunciation of the name. The proper pronounciation was "kicks," but the more common street-level way to say it was "Quix," which sounds like a 70's breakfast cereal. B-

Hey, Andrew and Raijin, you guys didn't see Zloch's post above. No more.

Yes I saw it. Just because HE is sorry your thread has been hijacked, doesn't mean I am.

To answer your question, here's what I think about the games I'm familiar with ...

Ballblazer is very do-able

Choplifter is do-able but will flicker a fair bit

Qix not do-able - needs extra RAM

Super Pac-Man extremely do-able

Galaga very do-able

Of course I could do them and they'd look brilliant and just like the originals - I just don't have the time right now... too bad.

Archived