IGNORED

How can i protect my Atari-Games

treuerfreund

One of your best friends for your Atari collection are the big plastic bins they sell at all the big stores, I have about 14 of them filled with my Atari collection, then for loose games you can buy the plastic bags they sell here at AtariAge to protect them.

:idea: :ponder: :)

• 1 month later...
Hi

My Collection has increased to more than 100 Games and now its time to think

about the future , so that i can use them in a few years......

Okay, i should keep them on a dry place, but what else can i to to prevent damage and

prevent damage by rust ???

I'm wondering if keeping cartridges free of extra humidity will prevent the formation of actiplaque or other label problems. Does anyone ever use those "silica gel" packs that are placed in the boxes of electronic equipment like TV's etc.?

Does anyone ever use those "silica gel" packs that are placed in the boxes of electronic equipment like TV's etc.?

i use them in all the boxes i have that hold video game systems and my 2600 games

at my last job i got them for free, when they would repackage these candy stick pops and they put the packets in a huge box and i asked to take it home :)

Hi

My Collection has increased to more than 100 Games and now its time to think

about the future , so that i can use them in a few years......

Okay, i should keep them on a dry place, but what else can i to to prevent damage and

prevent damage by rust ???

[Reply was too controversial - you're not ready for it]

Disregard Andrew's post, he was being silly. He's been away from AtariAge so long he's a little bit giddy.

Seriously, the best way to preserve your valuable games is to coat them in plastic. A nice industrial-quality dip pot with a decent temperature control will run you about $200 if you order it through Granger (about $50 less if you order it through a REAL industrial supply house) and the dip-plastic cubes will be about $20 for about two quarts.

It sounds like a lot of money, but I've found a little goes a LONG way. You can always peel the plastic off and re-use it in your dip pot, plus you can use it to coat your re-tipped drills, master gages, and whatever else you have lying around that you deem worthy of being dipped in plastic.

The best part about dip plastic is that once removed, it imparts an awesome SHEEN to your contacts and labels. I've never had a problem with cleaning once I peel all the dipped plastic off a vintage cart.

Here is an outstanding link to the #1 american manufacturer of dip pots:

http://www.waage.com/dipcoat.htm. I'm sure you will see the possibilities once you explore the options.

Best regards,

rpm

Archived