IGNORED

Game Variations ??

figgler

Something that next gen stuff is largely missing and a feature I could not do with out - Game Variations.

Just when you thought you'd had enough of rescuing citizens in Defender for the night, just pick a new variation and face an onslaught on super fast mutants instead!

What I am missing is a definitive resource for what variations represent.

Like most collectors, the bulk of my collection is carts only, with no books or boxes. Where can I find a quick and easy source for game variation definitions? e.g. - I have no idea what to do on Game 6 of Yars' Revenge

Also, got any good suggestions for variations of classics everyone should try?

What I am missing is a definitive resource for what variations represent.

Like most collectors, the bulk of my collection is carts only, with no books or boxes.  Where can I find a quick and easy source for game variation definitions?  e.g. -  I have no idea what to do on Game 6 of Yars' Revenge

Well, there's manual scans present on this very site. I figure if manuals were good enough then, they're good enough now.

I actually did something late last year - I took my most common favoriate carts (about 25 of them), checked the Atari manuals here on AA and then put together a word document with charts for each of the games. My charts look very much like the grid charts used by older Atari manuals (aka Space Invaders, Asteroids, etc). It worked out to be a compact document that I could print out and could keep near my carts and use it as a handy reference to game variations. I had hoped to find the time to add to the document to put together a chart for the most common 100 or so games and then release it to folks for use, but never quite found the time. Maybe I'll get back to it...

For now, check the manuals online here at AA!

I had hoped to find the time to add to the document to put together a chart for the most common 100 or so games and then release it to folks for use, but never quite found the time.  Maybe I'll get back to it...

For now, check the manuals online here at AA!

What you're talking about is exactly what I'm looking for. Great idea, hope it gets done someday!

ill give you one variation. If you play on the highest difficulty on Video Chess (think its variation 10) it takes the computer an average of 10 hours to make a move. NO KIDDING.

Kind of pointless, who sits there for that long.

I once left the atari on and made 1 move a night before i went to bed and by the next night it would finally be done making its move. After about a month and the game wasnt over I quit.

Archived